Medical Director - Orthopedic Surgery / Spine Surgery #83327
The Medical Director will collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of Medical Directors, Nurses, Behavioral Health Specialist, and Vocational Coaches in supporting our Claims Team in better understanding our customers, their clinical conditions, functional limitations, residual capacity, and disability. The successful medical director demonstrates clinical expertise in their specialty, has in depth understanding of functional impairment and activity ability, is able to quickly develop rapport with non-clinical and clinical colleagues including the customer’s treating provider, and effectively formulates and communicates a summary analysis of clinical information.
- Support Group Benefit Solutions business initiatives with Integrity, Objectivity and Customer focused Urgency
- Consistently and efficiently review disability claims files and provide high quality written analysis of complex disability claim files which are consistent with company and industry standards
- Perform outreach calls and/or written communication with the customer’s attending healthcare provider which facilitate development of an understanding of the customer’s conditions, function, recovery/ongoing care and which appropriately promotes safe return to activity for the customer
- As a Clinical Resource and Leader: Promote, facilitate, and contribute in a meaningful way during collaborative discussions of Disability Claim files with internal business partners
- Regularly participate in multidisciplinary claim directional discussions
- Participate in developing and conducting training curricula for medical directors, nurses and nonclinical team members
- Participate in Special Projects and initiatives
- Current and Active Unrestricted Licensure in a US State required
- Current Board Certification in area of clinical expertise (ABMS/AOA, ABPP, ABSNP)
- A minimum of 5 years clinical experience/direct patient care beyond residency or fellowship with strong clinical background
- Experience in private/public sector disability programs/insurance or other corporate environment highly preferred – analytic skills appropriate to private insurance environment highly preferred. Service, marketing, sales, and business experience a plus.
- Exhibit ethical and professional behavior
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills, strong and effective teamwork, negotiation, conflict management, decision making and problem-solving skills
- Computer competency: word processing, spreadsheet, email and personal information management programs are used extensively and competency in them must be possessed or rapidly acquired; must be able to perform research on Internet resources.
- Demonstrate a highly developed understanding of the benefits of return to activity and remaining in the workforce
- Successful ability to assess complex issues, to determine and implement their solutions, and to resolve problems.
- Success in carrying out and maintaining cooperative, successful relations with diverse internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to culturally diverse situations, participants and customers.
- Demonstrate the ability to be effective in large, complex, highly matrixed organization with a changing business environment
Training & Development:
The Medical Director will engage in a comprehensive orientation / training program. Coaching, feedback, and team support are provided to promote a successful onboarding experience.
This is a full-time work from home position Monday through Friday. Candidates must be available to work 8 hour shifts from 8am-5pm or 9am-6pm.
Competitive full-time base salary, plus target bonus if eligible based on performance.
Paid Vacation, Health Care, 401K match, Tuition Assistance, Flexible Spending Accounts.
New York Life offers a variety of corporate opportunities including management, quality control, training, sales, underwriting and claims.
US Candidates only: qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status.
Apply for Medical Director - Orthopedic Surgery / Spine Surgery #83327
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly