The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Utah in partnership with Intermountain Primary Children’s Medical Center are seeking a fellowship-trained pediatric gynecologist committed to an academic career in pediatric and adolescent gynecology. Responsibilities include research as well as teaching medical students, residents, and fellows in the evaluation and treatment of pediatric and adolescent gynecologic and reproductive health concerns.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Service to University of Utah Hospital and Primary Children’s Medical Center in areas of patient care, teaching, and research appropriate to their professional training, capabilities and career goals.
- Providing teaching instruction and supervision to fellows (pediatric endocrinology, reproductive endocrinology, pediatric surgery, pediatric urology), residents and medical students in pediatric and adolescent gynecology.
- Providing lectures to fellows, residents and medical students as requested.
- Attending Grand Rounds, M&M Conferences, Journal Club, Division meetings and other Departmental activities.
- Participating in mentorship of medical students, residents and fellows.
- Participating in fellow and resident interviews.
- Participating in pediatric multi-disciplinary clinics.
There also would be a certain amount of administrative and committee work that faculty members are looked upon to contribute.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Maintenance of professional licensure and CME requirements
- Excellent interdisciplinary collaboration skills
Minimum Level of Preparation and Training
- MD or DO, PhD or other combined degree from an accredited institution
- Board certified or board eligible in obstetrics & gynecology
- Completion of a pediatric & adolescent gynecology fellowship
- Completion of the ABOG focused practice designation in pediatric & adolescent gynecology if eligible (if not currently eligible, plan to sit for the exam when eligible in the future)
Academic rank to be determined commensurate with experience.
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate based upon race, national origin, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or status as a Protected Veteran. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities. To inquire about the University’s nondiscrimination policy or to request disability accommodation, please contact: Director, Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Circle, Rm 135, (801)581-8365. The University of Utah is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and educator. Minorities, women, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Veteran’s preference. Reasonable accommodations provided. For additional information on our Equal Opportunity and Nondiscrimination Policy: http://www.regulations.utah.edu/humanResources/5-106.html
The University of Utah values candidates who have experience working in settings with students from diverse backgrounds, and possess a strong commitment to improving access to higher education for historically underrepresented students.
The University of Utah Health (U of U Health) is a patient focused center distinguished by collaboration, excellence, leadership, and respect. The U of U Health values candidates who are committed to fostering and furthering the culture of compassion, collaboration, innovation, accountability, diversity, integrity, quality, and trust that is integral to our mission.
Apply for Pediatric Gynecologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly