Assistant Professor, Medicine Gastroenterology & Hepatology
Ochsner LSU Health Science Center- Shreveport seek applicants for a Gastroenterology position in the Division of Gastroenterology & Hepatology. MD/DO or foreign equivalent. Must be board certified/ board eligible in Gastroenterology and be eligible for active Louisiana Medical Licensure. The appointment would include a community staffing position along with a team of experienced gastroenterology and hepatology physicians in a supportive, friendly environment.
Clinical duties would require weekly teaching responsibilities in GI outpatient clinics, endoscopic procedures and inpatient consult services. Academic rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The ideal candidate will have a broad knowledge of gastroenterological diseases, commitment to scholarly activity and clinical care. Currently, the gastroenterology section has 9 fellows and 5 FT faculty members.
Shreveport is an attractive, comfortable, small Southern city with excellent schools, restaurants and multiple cultural opportunities.
Highlights of the Position:
- Our health sciences center is home to the School of Medicine, School of Graduate Studies and School of Allied Health Professions and a robust research enterprise. More than 800 students are enrolled in the degree programs at any one time. Additionally, nearly 600 residents and fellows are trained each year.
- Home to the only Level I Trauma center in the surrounding region, and one of only two in the state.
- Collegial and multidisciplinary team of physicians and nurses to collaborate on a customized plan of care for each patient.
- Physician leadership and input at all levels of administration.
- EPIC medical record platform utilized
- Tort reform state
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience and training
- Malpractice insurance provided
- Generous Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Vacation / Scheduled Time Off
For more information and to apply Click Here
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for Assistant Professor, Medicine Gastroenterology & Hepatology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly