Occupational Medicine Physician
The West Virginia University School of Public Health and the Department of Occupational and Environmental Health Sciences are seeking a full-time occupational medicine physician with strong clinical interests and teaching or research interests.
West Virginia University offers the only Occupational Medicine and Public Health/General Preventive Medicine Residency in the entire Appalachian region. This program is fully ACGME-accredited and supported by a NIOSH Training Project Grant.
Duties: The successful candidate will practice in the area of occupational medicine and be actively involved in teaching medical students, residents, and fellows. The full spectrum of occupational medicine services is provided at one main clinical location and onsite at workplaces throughout the region. Research opportunities exist through our accredited School of Public Health, our School of Medicine and NIOSH Morgantown, located on campus.
- MD or DO degree or foreign equivalent
- Eligible to obtain a state medical license
- Board certified/eligible in occupational medicine or hold the equivalent international occupational medicine certification (i.e., Consultant with M.Sc. in Occupational Medicine) or be board certified in another specialty and have significant experience in Occupational Medicine
- Strong communication skills for education and interactions with government, industry, academic, legislative, labor and community members.
- 100% employer-contributed 401, including access to supplemental retirement plans
- Free college tuition for dependents and employees
- Access to two accredited child care centers
- Discounted WVU season athletic tickets
- Liability insurance with tail coverage
- Relocation assistance with access to the Physician Family Network for assimilation into the community
- Comprehensive benefits package for entire family
WVU Medicine is West Virginia University s affiliated health system, West Virginia s largest private employer, and a national leader in patient safety and quality. The system is comprised of eighteen member hospitals, anchored by, J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital, an academic medical center offering tertiary and quaternary care.
The West Virginia University Health System has been ranked number 180 out of 500 businesses selected for the Forbes list of America s Best Employers 2021.
Morgantown, West Virginia is consistently rated as one of the best small metropolitan areas in the country for both lifestyle. The area offers the cultural diversity and amenities of a large city in a safe, family-friendly environment and convenient access to Pittsburgh, PA. An excellent school system, beautiful homes, and endless opportunities for outdoor recreation are available.
West Virginia University & University Health Associates are an AA/EO employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran and WVU is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity.
Apply for Occupational Medicine Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly