Endovascular Neurosurgeon - Department of Neurosurgery
Endovascular Neurosurgeon - Department of Neurosurgery
The Department of Neurosurgery at the Joe R. and Teresa Lozano Long School of Medicine at UT Health San Antonio is seeking a full-time faculty member at the Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor level with a strong commitment to an academic career in teaching and research.
The department is looking to hire a neurosurgeon with a specialization in endovascular neurosurgery who wants to advance their academic career in the clinical and research arenas.
To submit an application for this position, please visit this link.
- Join a highly regarded neurosurgery program with a strong reputation for research, a multidisciplinary faculty, and innovative training programs.
- Serve as a mentor for residents and fellows in the UT Health Science Center at San Antonio Department of Neurosurgery residency program.
- Access research facilities that are headed by outstanding PhD researchers and equipped for in-depth studies of ischemia, neuroprotection, cell cultures, brain and spinal cord injury, cancer and molecular genetics research of the cranial facial skeleton and our residency program offers a diverse graduate medical education experiences.
- Earn a market competitive salary commensurate with your education and experience.
- Receive comprehensive medical coverage with enhanced plan designs for participants receiving services from select UT physicians and select UT medical facilities.
- Enjoy generous leave programs that provide employees with an exceptional level of work-life balance.
- Academic rank, salary, and benefits will be commensurate with training and experience.
- Graduate of an LCME accredited medical school
- Successful completion of training in an ACGME accredited neurosurgical residency
- Candidates should be US Board eligible/certified in neurological surgery
- Meet the requirement for medical licensure to practice in the state of Texas and at our hospital partner facilities
Cerebrovascular Care at UT Health
The physician's practice of UT Health San Antonio's team of experts is composed of cerebrovascular neurosurgeons, endo neuro-interventionalist, neuroradiologists and neurocritical care doctors.
Because of their diverse backgrounds and unique training, our specialists are able to provide a multidisciplinary approach to the treatment of patients with blood vessel disorders. We combine their collective expertise with state-of-the-art techniques to deliver the highest standard of care to both emergency patients and patients undergoing elective procedures.
Our comprehensive stroke centers are capable of diagnosing and treating the most complex stroke patients with a wider array of technology and procedures. With our hospital partners, UT Health San Antonio is able to provide expert care and is available to respond rapidly and around the clock when patients exhibit symptoms of stroke. In partnership with University Hospital, we staff a certified Comprehensive Stroke Center by The Joint Commission and the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association the highest level of certification available and a DNV-GL certified Comprehensive Stroke Center at St. Luke s Baptist Hospital.
About Our Department
The Department of Neurosurgery at UT Health San Antonio has 16 primarily appointed faculty members and seven clinical adjunct appointments administering care 24/7 at University Health System and Baptist Health Care System. Services include: one Level 1 epilepsy center, one Level 4 trauma center (adult and pediatric), one Level 3 trauma center, and two comprehensive stroke centers.
Through the department s residency program, participants rotate through all the aforementioned hospital systems. Adjunct faculty members provide academic enrichment at three additional hospital systems: South Texas Veterans Health Care System, San Antonio Military Medical Center, and Methodist Hospital. The faculty possess a wide range of specializations, including: craniosynostosis surgery, pediatric cranial remolding, complex neurovascular care, neuro-oncology, treatment for epilepsy, treatment for tethered spinal cord syndrome, and surgery for complex spinal deformities. Our research division is headed by a full-time faculty member who oversees studies investigating spinal cord injury, stroke, and tumor models. Research funding comes from the NIH, VA, and industry sponsored grants.
As part of a nationally-recognized medical center, we are dedicated to providing compassionate, skilled and state-of-the art neurosurgical care. Our four locations, found in the South Texas Medical Center and Stone Oak area, offer comprehensive care for all patients in need of neurosurgical intervention. The operating rooms are furnished with state of the art surgical equipment, such as the Lieca OH5 neurosurgical microscope, the O-arm multidimensional surgical imaging system, and a biplane angiography suite, which is used by surgeons to visualize brain blood vessels.
We work diligently with our hospital partners to offer the best care possible using the most advanced technology. Examples of our collaborative efforts include: the Brain and Stroke Network, South Texas Comprehensive Epilepsy Center, Center for Endoscopic Craniosynostosis Surgery, Comprehensive Spine Program, Neuro-Intensivist Program, Movement Disorders Program, Neuro-Oncology Program, Trauma and Cerebrovascular/Endovascular Program.
Living and Working in San Antonio
San Antonio is the seventh most populous city in the United States of America. It is a thriving hub of industry and culture that offers citizens access to big city amenities and world-renowned attractions coupled with a relaxed and inviting small town atmosphere.
The major employers in San Antonio help drive the city s dynamic and diverse economy- a healthy mix of business services, a rapidly growing biomedical and biotechnology sector, an emerging new energy economy and a diversified manufacturing sector producing everything from aircraft and semiconducors to Toyota trucks. Ranked as #1 for economic growth potential by Business Facilities and 3rd among America s Secretly Cool Cities by the Huffington Post, San Antonio continues to be a shining star in Texas. The 15 colleges and universities in the area educate 160,000 students, providing a steady supply of skilled talent to the city s workforce.
UT Health San Antonio is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including protected veterans and persons with disabilities.
All faculty appointments are designated as security sensitive positions.
Apply for Endovascular Neurosurgeon - Department of Neurosurgery
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly