Orthopaedic Spine Surgery Opportunity in Chattanooga, TN
Erlanger Health System, with the University of Tennessee College of Medicine, is building a Center of Excellence in Ortho Spine Care that will include orthopaedic spine surgery, advanced practice providers, physical therapy, interventional pain management, and physical medicine and rehab. Ortho-spine surgeons who are fellowship trained and have experience in an academic setting should apply. Experience in building a new program is preferred. This position will be imbedded within our growing hospital employed orthopaedic multispecialty group and will also have an academic appointment with the University of Tennessee Department of Orthopedic Surgery.
Education, Training, & Experience
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Ortho-Spine
- Academic Setting Experience Preferred
- Welcome the Opportunity to Teach Medical Students and Residents
- Comfortable with all areas of spine- cervical, thoracic, lumbar, sacral and coccyx
- Elective surgery emphasis, but trauma call available and resident trauma education required
- Established Hospital Employed Group of 20 orthopaedic surgeons (currently no ortho spine surgeons in the group)
- Academic department of 15 residents & 23 faculty
- Opportunities for Research Available
- Spine call will be approximately 1:7
- Elective cases can be performed at multiple locations, all trauma/emergent is at Erlanger main campus
Benefits of Working at Erlanger Health System
- Excellent Compensation
- Sign-On Bonus Available
- Relocation Reimbursement Available
- Erlanger is the Only Level I Trauma Center in a 100 Mile Radius
- Erlanger is a Teaching Hospital and is affiliated with The UT College of Medicine.
- Erlanger/UT offers 10 Residency Programs & 10 Fellowship Programs.
- Chattanooga has a thriving economy with a low cost of living
- Chattanooga voted “Best Town in the U.S.” by Outdoor Magazine
- NO State Income Tax.
- Centered between Atlanta, GA, Nashville, TN, Birmingham, AL, and Knoxville, TN
- Blossoming technology hub: WORLD’s fastest internet, 10 GIG
- Four seasons, lake and mountain living within short daily commute
Apply for Orthopaedic Spine Surgery Opportunity in Chattanooga, TN
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly