BC/BE Pulmonary/Critical Care Physician
Ochsner Medical Center in New Orleans, Louisiana, is recruiting a BC/BE Pulmonary/Critical Care Physician to join an expanding team.
Candidates must be board certified or board eligible in Internal Medicine and Pulmonary Medicine. Additional board eligibility/board certification in Critical Care Medicine is preferred but not required. Salary offered will commensurate with experience and training.
- 32 bed ICU managed by the Department of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine.
- Practice settings include busy inpatient critical care and pulmonary services, along with a thriving referral clinic.
- Candidates will be actively involved as clinical educators who teach medical students, residents, and fellows.
- In addition to teaching responsibilities, there is the opportunity to develop subspecialty referral practices in asthma, interventional pulmonary, thoracic oncology, pulmonary hypertension, pulmonary fibrosis, and other end stage lung diseases.
- Section members regularly collaborate with the pulmonary departments at both local medical schools in clinical research, including NIH-funded activities in ARDS and IPF. Faculty appointments are possible for qualified candidates.
- The position offers flexibility and balance among clinical practice, graduate education, and scholarly activity for applicants based upon individual experience levels.
Opportunities exist in New Orleans , including the North and South Shore regions.
Ochsner Health is a system that delivers health to the people of Louisiana, Mississippi and the Gulf South with a mission to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate. Ochsner Health is a not-for-profit committed to giving back to the communities it serves through preventative screenings, health and wellness resources and partnerships with innovative organizations that share our vision. Ochsner Health healed more than 876,000 people from across the globe in 2019, providing the latest medical breakthroughs and therapies, including digital medicine for chronic conditions and telehealth specialty services. Ochsner Health is a national leader, named the top hospital in Louisiana and a top children s hospital by U.S. News & World Report. As Louisiana s leading healthcare educator, Ochsner Health and its partners educate thousands of healthcare professionals annually. Ochsner Health is innovating healthcare by investing in new technologies and research to make world-class care more accessible, affordable, convenient and effective. Ochsner's team of more than 26,000 employees and 4,500 providers are working to reinvent the future of health and wellness in the region. To learn more about Ochsner Health, please visit www.ochsner.org. To transform your health, please visit www.ochsner.org/healthyyou.
Ochsner is proud to be recognized among the top hospitals in the nation. Ochsner is the only hospital in Louisiana recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a Best Hospital in four specialty categories and received high performing ratings in 6 procedures and/or conditions. Additionally, CareChex , a division of Comparison , named four Ochsner campuses among the top 10% of hospitals in the nation in 13 specialties. Ochsner was also recognized by Becker s Hospital Review as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare.
For more information and to apply Click Here
Sorry, no J1 visa opportunities.
Ochsner is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for BC/BE Pulmonary/Critical Care Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly