OB-GYN - Laborist
Catholic Health is recruiting for an OB-GYN physician Hospitalist/Laborist to work at Mercy Hospital of Buffalo located in Western New York State. Mercy Hospital of Buffalo has a Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit staffed around the clock with neonatal providers including board certified neonatologists, neonatal nurse practitioners, physician assistants and pediatric intensivists. Labor and Delivery has full in house coverage 24/7/365 by anesthesia, midwife providers and consults for maternal fetal medicine.
KEY JOB FEATURES
- Collaborative and experienced labor and delivery staff
- Competitive Salary
- Level II NICU
- Neonatology Support
- Board Certified or Board Eligible OB-GYN
- Candidate must have current, unrestricted, New York State license or NYS Licensure in progress and active on date of hire
- Electronic Fetal Monitor (EFM) Certified within one year of privileges on Medical Staff.
- Routine care for all Obstetrical patients, including high-risk obstetrical patients.
- Provide in-house obstetrical services 7 days a week, (12-hour shifts per schedule). Services include but are not limited to emergency cesarean sections, spontaneous vaginal or operative vaginal births, and rounding on antepartum, laboring, and postpartum patients.
- Provide backup support to obstetrical providers when requested, including VBAC coverage.
- Assist other attending physicians in surgery when requested and performing emergency GYN procedures that present through Emergency Department
Mercy Hospital of Buffalo is a tertiary care hospital with over 300 inpatient beds and is located in the southern region of Erie County in Western New York. The hospital is home to a Joint Commission Accredited Comprehensive Stroke Center, a full service cardiac and open heart program, and critical care intensivist program. The campus is well equipped for any emergency and all specialists are able to be called upon for emergency delivery situations, especially those where the Mom is in need of urgent or emergent care.
Labor & Delivery
The Labor and Delivery Unit is integrated with the post-partum, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and normal newborn nursery. Communication and handoffs between and among departments is solid and the overall environment is collaborative and supportive.
Mercy has 24/7/365 Laborist AND midwife coverage (2 providers all day, every day) to maintain continuity and safety in Labor and Delivery. All staff are Electronic Fetal Monitor certified (including the nurses) and safety drills are a regular part of our culture.
There is Anesthesia coverage in the house around the clock and excellent support from other adult providers to support our mothers makes Mercy a very safe and well-rounded facility to practice Obstetrics.
Maternal Fetal Medicine coverage is available for consults on the floor or in person as available. An outpatient fetal testing unit is on the campus and is open five days a week for outpatient appointments.
The hospital is covered by five (5) Board Certified Neonatologists as well as a NNPs, PAs and Pediatricians.
ABOUT CATHOLIC HEALTH IN BUFFALO
- Catholic Health Has 5 hospitals throughout Western New York State
- Catholic Health s network includes OBGYN, Primary care and specialty centers
- Catholic Health geographically covers two counties
- Catholic Health provides acute, outpatient and ancillary services, including Cardiac, Vascular and Orthopedic Excellence
- Catholic Health has over 8000 employees
ABOUT WESTERN NEW YORK
Buffalo is located in Western New York State and is a beautiful waterfront city that offers all four seasons with numerous outdoor recreational activities to enjoy an active lifestyle all year round. Buffalo and Western New York provide many of the large city amenities such as theater, great food, excellent schools, great cultural events, without being encumbered by high costs, traffic and overcrowding. It is currently experiencing a rebirth and revitalization, which has changed the landscape as well as the opportunities for fun.
No solicitations from third-party recruitment firms (retained and contingency) and locums companies.
Apply for OB-GYN - Laborist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly