Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation - Spinal Cord Injury
LEADING THE FUTURE OF HEALTHCARE
Many organizations have a mission statement, we have a calling: to lead the way to a better future for health care.
VALLEJO NEUROREHAB Opportunity:
Kaiser Foundation Rehabilitation Center, the regional rehabilitation hospital for the Northern California Kaiser Health System, located in Vallejo, California, about 34 miles north of San Francisco, is seeking a board certified/board eligible physiatrist to join a staff of 7 physiatrists. This is a 48 bed unit (expanding to 53 beds in 2022) that serves a population base of approximately 4 million members. The position involves managing inpatients on the rehab unit with a variety of diagnoses including spinal cord injury, stroke, traumatic brain injury, multiple trauma, amputation and other diagnoses. The position will also include outpatient care of the same patient populations as well as the opportunity to do electrodiagnostic studies, spasticity management including intrathecal baclofen pump management and botulinum toxin injections. The Outpatient Center includes a multidisciplinary Orthotics and Prosthetics Clinic and a Spinal Cord Injury Wellness clinic. Hospital consultations are also provided by the physiatrists at the acute hospital in Vallejo and our level 2 trauma center in nearby Vacaville. Call is shared between the physiatrists in the group. Weekend works is part of the position. Hospitalists assistance is also provided on the weekends. Candidates must have strong clinical and academic credentials, good communication skills and an ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary environment.
Spinal cord injury medicine fellowship training and/or sub-specialty certification is preferred but not an exclusive requirement for this position.
As a part of The Permanente Medical Group you will enjoy:
- Work-life balance focused practice including flexible schedules and unmatched practice support
- An outstanding electronic medical record system that allows flexibility in patient management
- Providing excellent patient care without managing overhead and billing
- Physician Wellness Program
- Professional development opportunities in teaching, research, mentorship, physician leadership, and community service.
- Diverse patient populations
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- A high-tech environment that includes video visits and other Kaiser Permanente supported mobile device options
- Paid holidays, sick leave, and education leave
- Malpractice insurance coverage
- Home Loan Program up to $200,000 & Relocation Assistance (approval required)
- Shareholder status within 3 years
We are an EOE/AA/M/F/D/V Employer.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Apply for Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation - Spinal Cord Injury
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly