Physician - Hospitalist
This is an OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT and will remain open until June 30, 2021. The initial cut-off date for referral of eligible applications will be January 11, 2021, with subsequent cut-off dates weekly on every Friday. Eligible applications received after that date will be referred at regular intervals or as additional vacancies occur on an as-needed basis until positions are filled.
NOTE:Highly qualified candidates may be eligible for a Recruitment/Relocation Incentive.
The Hospitalist is responsible for the general Internal Medicine care of patients to include, but not limited to patient assessment, management and treatment of acute exacerbation of illnesses and minor medical changes. The Hospitalist must coordinate the care of patients to achieve maximum outcomes. The Hospitalist rotates with other Hospitalists on a regular basis. Duties may be assigned at either the Montgomery Campus or the Tuskegee Campus. He/She may also work off-hour shifts, weekends, and holidays as priorities demonstrate a need on a rotating basis.
The duties and responsibilities of the Hospitalist include but are not limited to the following:
- Direct patient care
- Customer Service.
- Quality management
- Performance Measures
- Utilization review and management
- Evidence-based practice
- Administrative functions as assigned
Financial Disclosure Report:Not required
Not requiredSupervisory status
- Job family (Series)
0602 Medical Officer
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship; non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Designated and/or random drug testing required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination
Applicants pending the completion of educational or certification/licensure requirements may be referred and tentatively selected but may not be hired until all requirements are met.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
Education and length of practice are considered through a formal pay-setting process to determine the final compensable salary (Base Pay + Market Pay)
Note:Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here:http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/.
If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit:http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Apply for Physician - Hospitalist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly