Wake Forest School of Medicine’s Department of Surgery is seeking additional faculty for our Division of Thoracic Surgery due to the continued growth of our department, medical school and health system. Clinical responsibilities will be at Wake Forest Baptist Health’s main campus, an 880-bed academic medical center in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. The faculty level of these positions will be commensurate with experience and achievement of selected candidates.
Located 80 miles northeast of Charlotte in Forsyth County (population ≈376,000) and the Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina, Winston-Salem features all four seasons, housing costs ≈34% below the national average, vibrant restaurant and cultural scenes and a wide variety of recreational opportunities with easy access to lakes and state parks. The Blue Ridge Mountains and Parkway are a 1-2 hour drive to the north and west, and North Carolina's beaches are close enough to enjoy during long weekends.
- An accomplished M.D. clinical surgeon with minimally-invasive/robotic skills for lung, esophageal, and other thoracic pathology and familiarity with lung transplantation
- BC/BE in thoracic surgery
- Proven track record of scholarly activities and willingness to contribute to the academic mission across the health system
- A collaborative, inclusive and entrepreneurial disposition
- Commitment to excellence with the highest level of integrity and a reputation for compassion, fairness and objectivity
The successful applicant will receive a competitive compensation package at a level commensurate with experience and academic achievement, including an attractive salary, comprehensive benefits and relocation assistance.
Executive Talent Consultant
Apply for Thoracic Surgeon
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly