Intensivist CTICU for NEW Cardiac Service Line starting soon Days only- Westchester, 25 miles fr...
NEW Cardiac Service Line starting in August 2021
Intensivist– CTICU recruiting now
Come help build our Program at White Plains Hospital, Westchester, NY
JOB TITLE: Intensivist- Cardiac Services
JOB TYPE: FULL TIME/ DAYS
SCHEDULE: flexible per discussion with director
HOURS: 6:30AM to 7pm (flexible per discussion with director)
White Plains Hospital, a 292 bed, leading award-winning hospital, located 25 miles north of Manhattan, in White Plains, Westchester NY, is looking for NY licensed Intensivists CTICU for our new full service cardiac service line consisting of cardio thoracic, cardiac surgery, EP, interventional cardiology and cardiology.
Backed by Montefiore’s renowned heart program, this is an amazing opportunity to help build a world-class cardiac surgery program, right here in Westchester!
As part of the critical care team, the Intensivist will collaborate closely with our multidisciplinary Cardiac Services team in the delivery of peri-operative care to the Cardiac Services patient. This position will report to the Medical Director- ICU
- Magnet Designated Nurses and extremely supportive and dedicated professionals
- Phenomenal work environment and growth opportunities
- Exceptional Leadership
- Extremely Competitive Compensation
- Full Benefits including Health, Dental, Vision and 401(k)
- CME and Generous Paid Time Off
- Tuition Assistance
- Part of the Montefiore Health System
- Coordinates the care (evaluation, treatment, admission, and discharge) of patients who are admitted to the department of Cardiac Services.
- Thoroughly, and with adequate frequency, communicates with patient, appropriate family members, surgeon, specialty consulting physicians, and hospital staff regarding the status of the admitted patient.
- Provides education for staff and patients / family with whom the Intensivist interacts.
- Supervises Advanced Practice Providers (NPs & PAs).
- Institutes immediate and appropriate intervention in life or disability-threatening emergencies.
- Documents evaluation of and treatment given to all patients. Provides each patient with discharge instructions, both oral and written. Gives referring physician verbal and written report upon discharge of patient.
- Works assigned shifts and when on-shift does not leave the Hospital Campus.
- Attends all relevant professional meetings scheduled for the Department.
- Participates in chart review and organized activities to reduce length of stay and improve quality outcomes.
- Participates in institutional initiatives such as disaster planning and response, environment of care /safety, risk management, etc.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- Medical Degree (MD or DO) and Board certified in Critical Care Medicine, Thoracic Surgery or other relevant specialty.
- Primary board certifications can include Internal Medicine, Anesthesia, Emergency Medicine or General Surgery.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Cardiothoracic Surgery ICU is preferred.
- Candidates graduating from their sub-specialty training will also be considered depending upon CTICU experience during fellowship training.
- Valid NYS Medical License.
- Valid ACLS Certification.
- Compliance with CME Requirements (Hospital, Regional, State, and Federal)
WHITE PLAINS HOSPITAL AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Great Place to Work
- Magnet Recognized
- AACN Beacon Award of Excellence for Critical Care
- Leapfrog Group “A” ( certified as one of the safest hospitals in the US)
- U.S. News & World Report - Best Regional Hospital
- Healthgrades® – Outstanding Patient Experience Award™
- Top 20 Most Beautiful Hospitals
- Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval
- AHA Designation as a primary stroke center
- And many more.
ABOUT WHITE PLAINS HOSPITAL
White Plains Hospital (WPH), a proud member of the Montefiore Health System, is a 292-bed not-for-profit health care organization located less than 25 miles from Manhattan, NY.
As we grow and expand our services, we are searching for candidates who value and exemplify teamwork and a commitment to customer service, quality and excellence. If yes - come grow with us and be a part of what is exceptional, every day!
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit a CV to Sharon O.Alfonso
White Plains Hospital is an equal opportunity employer
Apply for Intensivist CTICU for NEW Cardiac Service Line starting soon Days only- Westchester, 25 miles fr...
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly