Opportunity in the Bay Area!
The East Bay Medical Group is seeking a general Obstetrician/Gynecologist in the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology at Alameda Health System (AHS). AHS is an integrated public health system that spans 5 facilities, 4 ambulatory sites, and 800 beds providing primary, specialty, and Level 1 Trauma care to the residents of Alameda County. Highland Hospital, our flagship facility, is based in Oakland. We are a safety net system that is proud to serve our surrounding communities with safe, equitable, high quality care. AHS’ mission is Caring, Healing, Teaching, Serving All.
As an Obstetrician/Gynecologist, you will have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to a critical service for women and their families. If you are a compassionate physician eager to practice obstetrics and gynecology in a collaborative, supportive setting providing healthcare services for vulnerable populations, you will be at home at AHS.
About East Bay Medical Group:
East Bay Medical Group is a multispecialty entity that supports the majority of physicians who staff Alameda Health System. We recently formed in July 2020 from two prior medical groups, producing a practitioner base that spans from new residency graduates to tenured master clinicians who have been at AHS for more than 30 years. Our group is defined by values including inclusivity, engagement, patient advocacy, leadership development and physician wellness. We take an active anti-racism stance to our work.
This position is right for you if you are:
- Mission-driven: Committed to access, equity, and justice as it relates to providing excellent women’s health care to the community of patients that AHS serves
- Flexible: Embraces change, welcomes feedback, and engages in debate towards attaining the best possible result
- Lifelong learning: Humble and curious in continuing to develop as a clinician and team member
- Provide clinical services in line with a broad obstetrics and gynecological scope of practice that includes inpatient Labor and Delivery coverage, inpatient gynecological service coverage (ER consults, emergency GYN surgery), gynecologic surgery, office obstetrics and gynecology, and women’s preventive care.
- Contribute to our broader team of passionate obstetrics and gynecology health experts in designating Alameda Health System as a leader in equitable, just, high value reproductive healthcare.
- Participate in a collaborative, person-centered care model that is supported by our distinctions on California’s C-Section Honor Roll, Opioid Care Honor Roll, and as a Centering Pregnancy Approved site;
- Provide timely and quality surgical care to patients with gynecologic surgery needs, supported by subspecialists in Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery, Urogynecology, and Gynecologic Oncology;
- Train medical students from the University of California at San Francisco and residents from Kaiser Oakland Obstetrics and Gynecology to support their Obstetrics and Gynecology rotations;
- Collaborate with a team of Certified Nurse Midwives and Nurse Practitioners to support inpatient and outpatient services.
Work Life Balance
- Work in a mission-driven practice with diverse, representative, and like-minded colleagues;
- Enjoy the balance of a broad obstetrics and gynecological scope of practice that can be tailored to your specialized interests;
- Live in the East Bay in beautiful weather, a diverse community, and a variety of housing options;
- A family-centered culture that supports parents and caregivers;
- Generous days off and professional development opportunities.
- Competitive financial compensation structure with above and beyond pay for shifts in excess of normal duty hours
- 100% matched retirement plan
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits for yourself and your dependents
- Malpractice insurance
- Professional development funds covering CME, licensure, and other coursework
- Eligible for State and Federal Loan Forgiveness program
EBMG is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Apply for OB/GYN Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly