Emergency Medicine Medical Director
Envision Physician Services and Citrus Memorial Hospital are seeking a Site Medical Director to join our Emergency Medicine team in Inverness, Florida. This position will be provide on-site management of the clinical and administrative aspects of the emergency department operations. The responsibilities include coordinating departmental operations, peer review activities, and serving as the Emergency Medical Director at the Hospital.
This recently renovated ED sees 45,000 patient visits annually and features:
- 28 beds including bariatric and private rooms
- 44 hours of physician coverage and 40 hours of APP coverage
- Friendly and supportive nursing staff
- No trauma; no OB/GYN; low pediatric volume (6%)
- Large adult and senior volume with high acuity-supported by hospitalists
- Stroke Center-currently implementing tele-neurology
Candidate must be Board Certified in Emergency Medicine, have previous associate leadership/administrative experience, a proven track record of implementing metrics/goals, strong administrative and team building skills, and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.FACILITY INFORMATION
Citrus Memorial Hospital is a 204-bed acute care hospital founded in 1957 as the area's first healthcare institution for the residents in Citrus and surrounding counties. Today the hospital is part of the HCA West Florida Network and offers the latest medical technologies and services including: a Heart and Vascular Center, Orthopedic and Spine Center of Excellence, Surgical Services, Women and Baby Center, Primary Stroke Center, Diagnostic Imaging and Laboratory Services, Rehabilitation Services and Wound Care and Hyperbaric Center.
The hospital served close to 100,000 patients last year and has earned numerous accolades including America's 50 Best for Vascular Surgery by Healthgrades, Advanced Primary Stroke Center and America's 100 Best for Spine Surgery and Orthopedic Surgery by Healthgrades.
Inverness, Florida delights residents and visitors alike with its relaxing and friendly close-knit communities, an abundance of recreational activities, top-rated school system and charming communities nestled into beautiful backdrops. Through the years, Inverness has become a haven for those seeking a simpler lifestyle, a friendly community to enjoy their retirement, or a safe home to raise their family.
- Excellent quality of life
- Lower cost of living with great communities and diverse housing options
- Academically high-performing school district including Lecanto High School’s International Baccalaureate Diploma, a rigorous pre-university course of study that meets the needs of the highly motivated secondary school student
- A wide variety of cultural activities including art galleries, community theater, museums, diverse restaurants and recreational offerings that include a water lover’s paradise with boating, fishing, scuba, snorkeling and world famous “swim with the manatees” on the Crystal River, golfing, biking, birding, horseback riding and more!
- Conveniently located 1.5 hours from Gainesville, Tampa and St. Petersburg, 1-hour from Orlando and 45-minutes from Ocala with easy access to Orlando International Airport and Tampa International Airport
Envision Physician Services is a fun organization where everyone is encouraged to know and support one another, where laughter is a familiar background noise and where successes are shared. Whether you are considering full-time, part-time or independent contractor opportunities with Envision Physician Services, you can rest assured you will be working for an industry-leader who delivers a vast array of benefits unmatched within the industry, including:
- Physician-led organization
- Strong leadership
- The support and resources you need to succeed
- “A” rated professional liability insurance
- Credentialing and enrollment support
- Extensive variety of locations – rural, suburban, urban – by the ocean, by the mountains
- Extensive variety of settings – small critical access facilities, major academic medical centers, children’s hospitals
- Safe and comfortable work environment
- Competitive production-oriented compensation
- Opportunities for professional development and career advancement
- Leadership, management and clinical skills education/training including CME programs
- Optimal staffing ratios and flexible scheduling options
- Colleague referral bonus program
Envision Physician Services is a leading national medical group, delivering care when and where it's needed most. Our team of 25,000 clinicians specializes in anesthesiology, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, surgery and women's and children's care. Together, we care for more than 32 million patients a year and support healthcare partners across 45 states and the District of Columbia
As a part of Envision Healthcare, we are making a meaningful difference in patients' lives and driving innovations that improve the delivery of care and the health of communities in every corner of America. We treat more than 15 percent of the country's emergency department visits, deliver more than 120,000 babies, conduct more than 10 million radiology reads and provide more than 2.6 million anesthesia cases each year.
We are focused on protecting and empowering clinicians so they can focus on what matters most – caring for patients. We do this by providing mental health and well-being resources, administrative support, clinical best practices, clinical research opportunities, leadership coaching and more. Our unique structure enables us to develop local practices that support clinicians with regionally-based clinical leaders and operational expertise from our expansive nationwide network.
Envision Physician Services values the diverse perspectives and experiences of our teams. We recognize that through our collective expertise, we can improve the delivery of care for patients and clinicians. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion here and how we are supporting clinician wellness here. We are proud to be an EOE/AA employer.
Apply for Emergency Medicine Medical Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly