OrthoKansas, LMH Health’s established orthopedic group, is looking for a Fellowship trained BC/BE Orthopedic Surgeon with at least 2 years of active practice. This is a hospital employed, full-time position practicing out of Emporia, KS with regular rotations to Lawrence.
OrthoKansas LMH Health provides comprehensive and highly specialized orthopedic care for our patients to stay active and healthy—close to home. We work as a unified team to provide the attentive and effective care, from the initial office visit through treatment and recovery. Learn more about OrthoKansas LMH Health.
Our purpose is to be a partner in our community’s lifelong health. We look for only the best employees to work alongside us. If OrthoKansas LMH Health sounds like the place for your next career move, we would love to talk with you about joining the team.
At LMH Health, formerly Lawrence Memorial Hospital, our purpose is to be a partner for lifelong health. We were founded 100 years ago on the principle that everyone in our community is entitled to high-quality healthcare. Our health system includes a 174-bed not-for-profit hospital with the latest diagnostic and surgical technology, the new LMH Health West Campus facility, and 28 primary and specialty care clinics. Supported by more than 1,800 associates and 380 providers, we are dedicated to the health and wellness of our communities and it shows in our physician expertise, innovative care and high standards of clinical excellence.
We are proud of our work. And we regularly earn national and regional honors for our high-quality service, including:
- The Joint Commission recognized LMH Health with Advanced Certification for Primary Stroke Center, and with Certifications for Chest Pain and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD). We’re also one of only two health systems in Kansas to receive Advanced Certification for Total Hip and Knee Replacement.
- LMH Health is consistently recognized for leading the way in technological integration, being named as one of Digital Health's Most Wired programs by the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives.
- LMH Health was named a Blue Cross/Blue Shield Distinction Center+ for maternity care in 2018 and again in 2020.
- The American Heart Association/American Stroke Association has recognized LMH Health with the Get With the Guidelines Stroke Gold Plus Achievement Award since 2018 and named us to the Target: Stroke Honor Roll in 2020.
- Becker’s Hospital Review has named LMH Health to its 100 Great Community Hospitals list every year since 2013.
Emporia lies between Topeka and Wichita, Kansas. It is the county seat and largest city in Lyon County with a population of over 33,000 people. The city is home to Emporia State University and Flint Hills Technical College. Though it is a growing community, Emporia proudly maintains its small-town charm. Whether you enjoy spending time outdoors in the picturesque Flint Hills or unwinding in town, Emporia has a little something for everyone.
Lawrence is the county seat of Douglas County which has a population of over 112,000. It is located 45 miles from Kansas City, 30 miles from Topeka, the state capital and 45 miles from MCI, an international airport. It is a city rich in arts, culture and history. Boaters, golfers, hikers, birdwatchers and bikers can find challenging recreational opportunities for the whole family with more than 50 local parks and Clinton Lake state park.
The Lawrence school district is a top 10 metro school district and the seventh largest in the state. In addition, Lawrence is home to the University of Kansas and Haskell Indian Nations University; with several small public and private universities within a 60 mile radius.
Apply for Orthopedic Surgeon
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly