BREAST IMAGING FACULTY POSITION
UNIVERSITY OF ARIZONA and BANNER UNIVERSITY MEDICAL GROUP - TUCSON
The Department of Medical Imaging is seeking a fellowship-trained radiologist to join the Division of Breast Imaging. Appointment rank is commensurate with experience. We are seeking intellectually curious, team-oriented candidates who are excellent clinical Breast Imaging specialists and enthusiastic educators.
Prospective candidates, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or full Professor will have an MD or DO degree, ABR Board certification in Diagnostic Radiology, and fellowship training in Breast Imaging. The candidate will be eligible for licensure in the State of Arizona.
The ideal applicant will be a committed leader and have deep expertise in all aspects of Breast Imaging including screening and diagnostic mammography, breast ultrasound, MRI, and multimodality image-guided breast interventions. She or he will imbue growth-oriented and customer-focused mindsets along with a sense of stewardship to the Department of Medical Imaging, Banner University Health, and the University of Arizona College of Medicine. Candidates should possess experience and passion in caring for Breast Imaging patients, teaching, and supervising medical students, residents and fellows, and the ability to work cooperatively and collegially within a diverse environment. Fundamental to the position are the ability to deliver outstanding collaborative patient care.
- Contribute to a strong academic division that provides comprehensive clinical service with a spirit of innovation as an engine for growth, value, and service
- Participate in weekday clinical work while ensuring the delivery of timely, high-quality clinical care
- Collaboration with colleagues to improve service and quality for the betterment of our patients
- Provide instruction for the Residency, Fellowship and Medical Student educational programs by preparing and administering lectures and reviewing cases
- Participate in interdisciplinary conferences, conferring with other services concerning issues affecting Medical Imaging
- Support innovative research and serve as a willing collaborator with clinical and translational researchers
Division of Breast Imaging:
- Dedicated breast imaging center with tomosynthesis and breast MRI on site
- Interventional services include tomosynthesis guided breast biopsy, MR guided breast biopsy, and Savi-Scout reflector localization procedures
- Designated as “Center of Excellence” by the American College of Radiology
- Highly collegial and collaborative work environment, including with dedicated breast surgery and oncology physician colleagues
- Essential part of the Breast Health Program at the University of Arizona Cancer Center (UACC) since 2009. UACC is the comprehensive cancer center headquartered in and serving the entire state of Arizona.
- Medical Imaging Research Division consisting of 12 faculty nationally recognized for expertise in MR, CT, and Gamma-Ray Imaging
- University of Arizona Cancer Center
- Biomedical Engineering Department
The Department of Medical Imaging is one of 17 clinical departments in the UArizona College of Medicine – Tucson that provides medical care through Banner University Health. The clinical caseload serves as an excellent resource for our training programs, which includes both Diagnostic Radiology and Interventional Radiology Residencies, Medical Student Course Electives and multiple accredited fellowship training programs. Medical Imaging supports a Breast Imaging Fellowship Program approved for one candidate.
Medical Imaging serves the two main hospitals, Banner University Medical Center – Tucson, BUMC-T (479 licensed beds) and Banner University Medical Center – South, BUMC-S (150 licensed beds), and the Diamond Children’s Medical Center, as well as two outpatient centers: Banner University Medicine-North, BUMC-N, and the Advanced Breast Imaging Center, ABIC.
Banner – University Medical Center Tucson opened its new nine-story, $446 million hospital tower (Tower 1) on April 22, 2019. The 670,000-square-foot teaching hospital features 228 private rooms, 20 new operating rooms, new diagnostic imaging, and cardiac catheterization labs. Tower 1 offers two 1.5T scanners and one 3T MR. BUMC-South offers a 1.5T scanner. Additionally, two 3T MR scanners are located at BUMC-North.
Breast Imaging is offered at the Advanced Breast Imaging Center. Scanners at ABIC include two 3D Tomographic Hologics units for mammography, an Acuson S3000 Ultrasound unit, a 1.5T GE Artist MR scanner and a DEXA scanner.
Our Banner Health Total Compensation package includes:
- Relocation, Sign-On Incentives, and Loan Repayment Programs available
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and pharmacy plans
- Qualified tuition reduction available for dependents at Arizona universities
- Paid malpractice and CME with allowance
- Eligible for benefits coverage within 30 days
- Retirement package of 401(k) with matching and 457(b)deferred compensation plan
Warm weather, 286+ days of sunshine and picturesque mountains in every direction are a few of the attributes that make Tucson, Arizona a grand destination. Offering the authentic feel of the Southwest, Tucson is a metropolis rich in culture and outdoor activities such as hiking and mountain biking at Sabino Canyon and Mount Lemmon.
Friendly people contribute to the small-town feel of Tucson, even though it is the second-largest city in Arizona. The city’s rich cultural heritage includes a mix of Spanish, Mexican, and American influences, as well as those of the native peoples of the Tohono O’odham Nation. Experience the wide-open spaces, glorious sunsets and fresh air that make Tucson a perfect place to call home.
Diversity and Inclusion:
The Department of Medical Imaging celebrates our greatest asset of diversity and champions an inclusive climate.
We encourage you to mention this site when you submit your CV to Dr. Geoff Rubin and Linda Montano at: email@example.com
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.
Apply for BREAST IMAGING FACULTY POSITION
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly