Tenure Track Geriatrician
Medical University of South Carolina – Full-time tenure- track faculty position at the Assistant Professor level and above in our on-campus University Internal Medicine (UIM) academic primary care practice in Charleston, SC.
Successful candidates will be committed to educational excellence leading education and clinical care in a level 3 Patient-Centered Medical Home with approximately 12,000 patients. These traditional academic positions require a commitment to excellence in undergraduate and graduate medical education and scholarly focus on quality & safety, population health and delivery of high-value healthcare services.
- Board certified Internist and Geriatrician.
- Fellowship training and/or MPH is preferred.
Initial clinical responsibilities are anticipated as follows:
- 6 half-days per week of Geriatrician faculty practice in our University Internal Medicine practice and 3 half-days per week of precepting Internal Medicine residents in their continuity clinics, and up to 4 weeks per year on the General Internal Medicine Geriatrics Consult service.
- You will have reduced outpatient clinics on these Consult service weeks.
- On call responsibilities commensurate with usual Division on call responsibilities.
- Overall cFTE and related clinical work may be offset proportionally by any funded effort for teaching or other leadership roles or grants that cover your salary.
This is a great opportunity to relocate to beautiful Charleston and work in a thriving academic environment. Academic rank and compensation are commensurate with experience with excellent benefits.
Apply for Tenure Track Geriatrician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly