DHR Health Gastroenterology is a large gastroenterology group dedicated to providing the highest quality of care to patients in the Rio Grande Valley who have digestive health problems or concerns. Our board certified physicians specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions of the esophagus, stomach, intestines, rectum, liver, gallblader, and pancreas. Patients who require a procedure receive quality care in the best setting. DHR Health has been certified for its quality and safety by the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy since 2009. From common to complex diseases, we provide comprehensive evaluation, education, and care for everyone. Our amazing team provides care for gastroenterology conditions such as chronic constipation, colon cancer, Crohn's Disease, diverticulitis, gastritis, gastroesophogeal reflux disease, hemorrhoids, hepatitis, peptic ulcers, and rectal bleeding. Our services include capsule endoscopy, colonoscopy, endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography, and endoscopic ultrasound.
DHR Health Gastroenterology has immediate openings for Gastroenterologists in McAllen/Edinburg, a growing and progressive community located in South Texas.
As a Gastroenterologist with DHR Health, you’ll receive an attractive compensation package with a generous base salary, productivity and quality bonuses, full benefits, PTO, CME, 401K, and medical malpractice insurance as well as a sign-on bonus and relocation assistance.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Applicants should be BE/BC in gastroenterology with a Texas license (or willing to obtain).
- ERCP training is required, EUS training is preferred.
- Candidates seeking a general GI practice will also be considered.
- Billingual in English/Spanish is preferred, but not required.
- One of the largest physician owned hospitals in the U.S.
- State-of-the-art facilities and technology
- 530 Bed Hospital and soon adding 500 beds (CMS approved)
- 13 total endoscopy suites-10 Day Surgery at Renaissance and 3 at main hospital
- Highest nurse-to-patient ratio
- 2015 U.S. New & World Report-One of the Best Regional Hospitals in America
- Teaching hospital for the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley School of Medicine
- Six Residency Programs (The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley Graduate Medical Education)
- Five Fellowship Programs (The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley Graduate Medical Education) including a Gastroenterology Fellowship
- Opportunities for faculty appointment, teaching, and research
- Opportunities for program building and leadership
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Located along the U.S. Southern Border (southernmost tip)
- Warm climate and sub-tropical weather with more than 250 days of sunshine
- 70 miles west of the shores of South Padre Island, Texas
- Excellent public and private schools from elementary to high school
- Low cost of living
- Conserved texas wildlife and habitat
- Migatory birds and sea turtles
- Tort Reform- Texas has the second lowest malpractice payment rate in the U.S.
- No state income tax
- Lots of shopping and Premium Outlets
- Low crime rate
Sandra Cadena, Director of Physician Recruitment
Apply for Gastroenterologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly