Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine Specialist
Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine Specialist Job Description at Bayside Employee Health Center, Portland, ME
Looking for a full-time team–oriented physiatrist to join our physician–owned and well-established general occupational medicine clinic with onsite PT/OT located in Portland Maine.
This is a partnership track position for motivated clinicians who desire independence in their medical practice
Available August - September 2021
Achieve work life balance with modern outpatient work facility, 4-day workweek (most weeks), no call, while enjoying a high-quality lifestyle in coastal Maine, including its rich cultural activities, family friendly communities, and the beauty of nature with easy access to the ocean and mountains. You will join a fellowship trained, board certified, occupational medicine specialist, one mid level provider, one OT and two PT, and a strong support staff. The case mix includes musculoskeletal injuries, occupational neurological disorders, concussions, EMGs, independent medical examinations, and second opinions.
Clinical Competencies Required:
- Expertise in orthopedic and soft tissue injury care
- Injections and EMGs
- Experience with workers’ compensation management w/evidence-based approach to causation
- Philosophy supportive of conservative care and return to work, "work as medicine"
- Good communicator with patients, companies, insurers
- Ability to perform independent medical examinations preferred
- (Osteopathic exam skills ideal, but not a requirement)
- Team focus and ability to work cooperatively with staff members
- Professional demeaner
- Understands and implements great customer service
- Ability to complete required paperwork in a timely fashion
Will provide direction and management to the therapy department, including supervision of the work of two PTs and one OT, hiring new therapists, providing input to the therapist professional development, participating in weekly therapy rounds, and providing support for the overall function of the department. The ideal candidate will also have motivation to learn management of the business.
- PM&R Residency trained, board certified
- Maintenance of CME
- Able to be licensed and insured in the State of Maine
- DEA license
- Pass background check
- Desire for ownership track
- $10 K sign on bonus
- Competitive salary
- Health, Life, STD, LTD Insurances
- 401K with match
- Vacation: 5 weeks/year
Apply for Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly