MSK Physiatrist/Director of Physiatry
MSK PMR Specialist/Director of Physiatry Job Description at Bayside Employee Health Center, Portland, ME
The Director of Physiatry will work with a multidisciplinary team to treat injured workers in our well established occupational and environmental medicine practice. He/She will provide leadership in the management of the therapy department (two DrPTs, on OTR) and be a secondary physician supervisor for out mid level provider. We are looking to add ultrasound guided injection procedures to this practice and will support developement of that service.
This is a partnership track position for motivated clinicians who desire independence in their medical practice
Available August - September 2021
Achieve work life balance with modern outpatient work facility, 4-day workweek (most weeks), no call, while enjoying a high-quality lifestyle in coastal Maine, including its rich cultural activities, family friendly communities, and the beauty of nature with easy access to the ocean and mountains. You will join a fellowship trained, board certified, occupational medicine specialist, one mid level provider, one OT and two PT, and a strong support staff. The case mix includes musculoskeletal injuries, occupational neurological disorders, concussions, and EMGs. No chronic pain management is required. Independent medical examinations and second opinions preferred but we will provide training support if needed. We are interested in adding ultrasound guided injection procedures to this practice as noted above. Digital x-ray is onsite.
Clinical Competencies Required:
- Expertise in musculoskeletal injury care
- Injections and EMGs
- Experience with workers compensation management w/evidence-based approach to causation; will provide training if needed.
- Philosophy supportive of conservative care and return to work, "work as medicine"
- Good communicator with patients, companies, insurers
- Ability to perform independent medical examinations preferred
- (Osteopathic exam skills ideal, but not a requirement)
- Team focus and ability to work cooperatively with staff members
- Professional demeaner
- Understands and implements great customer service
- Ability to complete required documentation in a timely fashion
Will provide direction and management to the therapy department, including supervision of the work of two PTs and one OT, hiring new therapists, providing input to the therapist professional development, participating in weekly therapy rounds, and providing support for the overall function of the department. The ideal candidate will also have motivation to learn management of the business.
- PM&R Residency trained, board certified
- Maintenance of CME
- Able to be licensed and insured in the State of Maine
- DEA license
- $10 K sign on bonus
- Competitive salary
- Health, Life, STD, LTD Insurances
- 401K with match
- Vacation: 5 weeks/year
Apply for MSK Physiatrist/Director of Physiatry
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly