OB/GYN - Highly Desirable West Coast of Florida
First Physicians Group of Sarasota Memorial Health Care System is seeking to employ two OB/GYNs for the highly desirable area of Venice, Florida due to significant growth in the area and the opening of a new state-of-the-art hospital. We are located approximately 60 minutes south of Tampa and 1.5 hours north of Ft. Myers on the West Coast of Florida.
In October 2021, SMHCS will be opening a new 110-bed acute-care hospital in Venice, Florida. This new facility will have 10 LDRPs, 2 C-Section ORs, and 4 triage beds. The hospital will have 6 ORs and 2 daVinci Robots. It will be a Level 1 nursery accepting patients who are 35+ weeks. First Physicians Group will be opening a new OB/GYN practice on the campus of the hospital in the attached Medical Office Building. The hospital has already received approval to grow the new hospital to 300 beds in the near future.
Sarasota Memorial Hospital is an award-winning full-service health system with 839 beds and specialized expertise in heart, vascular, cancer, and neuroscience services, as well as a network of outpatient centers, long-term care and rehabilitation among its many nationally recognized programs. It is the only hospital providing Level II Trauma, obstetrical services, a 25 bed Pediatric Unit, and a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in Sarasota County.
Sarasota Memorial is a CMS 5-Star rated hospital in Florida for its overall quality. It is the only hospital in Florida and one of just 52 across the nation to maintain their top rating since 2016. It has been named among the Top 100 Hospitals in US, the top 50 Cardiovascular Hospitals in US in 2021, and it received an "A" Grade for Patient Safety in 2020. Additionally, it has been named a U.S. News High Performer in 2020-2021 and recently was named one of the world's best hospitals by Newsweek Magazine. SMH was one of 13 hospitals in Florida to make the list.
The Level III NICU at the Main Campus of Sarasota Memorial has 33 private rooms. The hospital has neonatologists on site 24/7 and Maternal Fetal Medicine coverage. The Mother Baby unit holds 28 beds and Labor & Delivery has 14 spacious suites, 3 C-section Operating Rooms and a 4-bed recovery area. The hospital also has a 7-bed OB ECC and triage unit near the Emergency Room. The hospital performed 4,118 deliveries in 2019, and we have 4 daVinci robots accessible to our surgeons.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide Outpatient Obstetrics & Gynecologic Care.
- Will perform C-Sections and Gynecologic surgeries/procedures
- Perform deliveries and covers deliveries for physicians in their group in equal rotation with the support of OB Hospitalists and midwives.
- On staff at one hospital - Sarasota Memorial - Venice.
- Equitable weekend call coverage with other OBGYNs in the practice.
- Group employs two MFMs. They provide coverage 24/7.
- A Board-Certified OB/GYN is preferred with 3+ years of experience.
- Licensed in Florida and holds a current DEA Certificate.
- Graduate of an ACGME accredited OB/GYN program.
- A 2-year employment contract with a generous guaranteed salary and bonus potential to start. Physicians then transition to a pay model after 2 years which enables them to increase the salary potential.
- Comprehensive benefits - health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 403B Retirement Plan, CME, PTO and many other perks.
- Relocation allowance and a commencement bonus will be provided.
- As an employee of a public, State of Florida organization, physicians are entitled to sovereign immunity. Physicians employed by First Physicians Group do NOT have to pay for tail coverage should they ever leave the practice.
- We are a not-for-profit entity - 501(c)(3). Physicians can participate in the PSLF Program if employed by FPG.
Apply for OB/GYN - Highly Desirable West Coast of Florida
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly