Physician - Academics-Bariatrics
The academic faculty of the University of Arizona School of Medicine-Phoenix is recruiting a board certified Bariatric Surgeon with fellowship training in bariatric surgery to join our MBSAQIP nationally accredited program. Led by Robin P. Blackstone, MD, FACS, FASMBS, the program, started in 2015 is growing quickly with a focus on clinical expertise in high aquity patients, resident and medical student training and research.
The position is ideal for an early to mid-career academic surgeon with personal experience within a high-volume comprehensive nationally accredited center.
Successful Applicants Must:
- Demonstrate an engaging and passionate commitment to the excellent care of the obese patient
- Have exceptional experience, ideally at ease operating independently
- Demonstrate superior leadership, teaching surgical, clinical, and research skills
- Have published peer reviewed journal articles and participated in research protocols
- Board Certified in General Surgery and Accredited by ASMBS as a Certified Bariatric Surgeon
Joining our team will include helping to shape the development of the research and teaching agenda and participating in the growth of the program.
Banner University Medical Center Phoenix is a nationally-recognized 733-bed, Level 1 Trauma facility has been recognized for 12-years as one of America’s “Best Hospitals” by U.S. News & World Report and is consistently rated as a “Best Place to Work” in Arizona.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.
Banner Health and University of Arizona Health Network have come together to form Banner – University Medicine, a health system anchored in Phoenix and Tucson that makes the highest level of care accessible to Arizona residents. At the heart of this partnership is academic medicine – research, teaching and patient care – across three academic medical centers: Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix, formerly Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center, is a nationally recognized academic medical center. The world-class hospital is focused on coordinated clinical care, expanded research activities and nurturing future generations of highly trained medical professionals who serve the community."
What Phoenix Has to Offer:
- One of the sunniest metropolis areas in America
- Cosmopolitan heart of Arizona
- 85% of daylight hours are filled with sunshine
- Surrounded by the beautiful and adventurous Sonoran Desert
- 6th largest city in the US
- Great Phoenix is home to:
- More than 200 golf courses
- Spring training for 15 Major League Baseball teams
- Six lakes within a 75-minute drive
- Museums to suit nearly every taste
- Known for casual patio dining, destination spas & upscale shopping
- Largest municipal park in North America
- More than 50-miles of hiking, biking, and equestrian trails
Total Compensation Package Includes:
- Competitive salary plus incentives
- Paid malpractice
- Paid CME Plus Allowance
- Sign-on & Relocation Assistance
- Excellent Benefits Package Options
- Qualifies for Public Service Loan Forgiveness program
Submit your CV and Letter of Intent for immediate consideration
Facility & Location InformationBanner University Medical Center - Phoenix
Downtown Phoenix, Phoenix, AZ 85006 Physician - Academics-Bariatrics
Apply for Physician - Academics-Bariatrics
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly