Hospitalist Medical Director Needed 25 Minutes from Dwntown Orlando Florida!
The Orlando Health Medical Group invites you to explore a Hospitalist Medical Director opportunity with a thriving physician-led, professionally managed healthcare system. We provide employed hospitalist services in Orlando Health’s network of 5 adult hospitals across central Florida. We are looking for a full-time Hospitalist Medical Director for Health Central Hospital which is located in the growing community of Longwood.
Hospitalist Practice Highlights:
- One of the largest hospitalist groups in the State of Florida (5 hospitals).
- Schedule - Monday - Friday.
- Closed ICU – Minimal procedures.
- Robust operational support and resources in a collaborative work environment.
Medical Director Highlights:
The Medical Director functions as a hospitalist with operational and strategic responsibilities at their designated work site. The Medical Director reports to and works collaboratively with the Chief Operating Officer supporting IMG and the hospitalists at their work site to operationalize strategic initiatives for the practice of Hospital Medicine. The Medical Director develops strategic initiatives in conjunction with the Corporate Director of Inpatient Medicine. The Medical Director's essential functions fall under four broad categories:
- Clinical Performance
- Operational Development
- Strategic Management
- Team Performance
The Medical Director must be current on healthcare industry developments, particularly those related to hospitalist programs and value-based care. The Medical Director must be able to develop and apply forward-thinking strategies that position hospitalist services at Orlando Health for success amidst changing healthcare dynamics.
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
- Two years post graduate experience
- Four years hospitalist experience
- Participation in a leadership role and/or CME that includes leadership/management education
- Demonstrates leadership skills and willingness
- Active Medical Staff membership or ability to apply for and obtain Medical Staff membership
South Seminole Hospital is a 206-bed, full-service, medical/surgical community hospital located in scenic Longwood, Florida. The hospital is a part of Orlando Health and serves the residents of Seminole County, Florida. Our team is dedicated to offering quality healthcare services and programs to meet the needs of our community. We use the latest equipment, perform the most advanced medical procedures and offer prevention, wellness and community outreach services. The hospital is also home to one of Orlando Health’s three Air Care Team helicopter bases, allowing critical patients to be transferred to ORMC’s Level I Trauma Center. South Seminole Hospital is home to Orlando Health Behavioral Healthcare, an 80-bed psychiatric hospital. Patients suffering from mental and addictive disorders, such as major depressive disorders, depression and bipolar disorder to schizophrenia, as well as addictive behaviors stemming from drug and alcohol use, are treated at this facility. The facility has three adult units, a unit for adolescents and children, and a unit for adults requiring an intensive level of care.
Services offered at South Seminole Hospital include:
- 24-Hour Emergency services with Fast ER
- Medical and Surgical services
- Full Range of Outpatient Care, Including Same-Day Surgery
- Endoscopy Services
- Specialized Women’s Services
- Women’s Imaging Center with Digital Mammography
- Physical, Occupational, Speech Therapies
- Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine Center
- Behavioral Health: Individualized Psychotherapy, Chemical Dependency Therapy, Marital & Family Therapy, Group Psychotherapy, Recreational Therapy, Stress Management, Medication Management, Inpatient & Outpatient for Children, Adolescents and Adults
Apply for Hospitalist Medical Director Needed 25 Minutes from Dwntown Orlando Florida!
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly