100% Vascular Surgery- Sunny Pacific Northwest!
Yakima Vascular Associates, part of Yakima Valley Memorial (YVM), is seeking a BC/BE Vascular Surgeon. Practice 100% vascular surgery at a practice that provides contemporary, state-of-the-art care for vascular diseases and conditions. Yakima Vascular Associates has a strong primary care and wound care referral base. 24/7 hospitalist coverage is available at our 256-bed, not-for-profit community hospital. And we re excited to announce that VMM s vascular and cardiology teams will be joining forces as Yakima Valley Memorial Heart & Vascular in 2021 providing our vascular surgeons with full vascular ultrasound resources and interpretation opportunities. You ll enjoy competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefit package that includes malpractice (with tail), CME, Medical/Dental/Vision, LTD, Life/AD&D; insurance benefit eligibility on first day of employment.
- Average number of consults per day: 4-5, most are non-acute
- Average number of endovascular cases per week: 10-15 (includes 4-5 tunneled dialysis catheters)
- No Interventional Radiology. Vascular Surgeons place all tunneled dialysis catheters; General Surgery places vein ports for long-term IV access.
- Endovascular resources include a portable C-arm and endo-table, intravascular ultrasound (IVUS), AngioJet for percutaneous mechanical thrombectomy and EKOS generator for catheter directed thrombolysis.
- Completion of and ACGME or AOA accredited Vascular Surgery Training Program
- BC/BE in Vascular Surgery
- Washington State Medical License or Licensure Eligibility; DEA registered in WA State
- American Heart Association ACLS required
- Open and endovascular skills required
- Experience preferred, but mentorship will be provided to post-fellows
Yakima Valley Memorial
As the region s leading health care provider and Yakima s largest employer, we believe that by improving health, we will transform Yakima! Yakima Valley Memorial (YVM) is a 256-bed acute-care, not-for-profit community hospital that has served Central Washington's Yakima Valley for 70 years. YVM also includes a multi-specialty team of more than 300 providers and 20+ primary care and specialty care locations. Specialty care services include cardiac care, a continuum of cancer care, hospice care, and advanced services for children with special health care needs.
In Yakima you ll find 300 days of sunshine each year in a city nestled in a valley surrounded by camel-colored desert hills. You ll enjoy 4 distinct seasons and endless opportunities to enjoy the great outdoors. The Yakima Valley is an excellent place for families boasting outstanding public and private school options. Our central location allows for easy access to the Yakima, Columbia, and Snake Rivers, mountain and lowland lakes, abundant greenways, and scenery you ll have to see to believe. Downhill and cross country skiing, world-class fly fishing, water sports, mountain biking opportunities and gorgeous hiking trails can all be found within an hour s drive of Yakima. Should you choose to hit the road, Seattle, Portland, and Spokane are within a three hours drive -- close enough to enjoy without having to deal with a grid-locked life.
The region is also known as one of the finest wine-grape growing areas anywhere. Wines from Yakima Valley vineyards have developed an international reputation rivaling Napa Valley. Many of the state s most prized AVA s (American Viticultural Area) are located right here. In addition to nearly 100 nearby wineries, the Yakima Valley is a craft beverage mecca with beer, cider and spirits. Drive past orchards and you ll also see trees heavy with pears, apples, apricots and cherries.
Those are just some of the reasons why we choose to call Yakima home. Come discover your reasons!
Please contact us to learn more: KelliannErgeson@yvmh.org or (509) 249-5519
Visit us at: www.yakimavalleyliving.org
Apply for Vascular Surgeon
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly