Hospice Medical Director
Northeast Georgia Physicians Group (NGPG), a multi-specialty group bringing together more than 350+ talented physicians and advanced practitioners, is an affiliate of Northeast Georgia Health System (NGHS), a not-for-profit community health system with a patient service area of over 1,300,000 residents. NGPG is currently seeking an experienced physician to lead a team in providing exceptional, compassionate care to our growing community as Hospice Medical Director.
The Hospice Medical Director is a clinical leader accountable for the operating results and continued growth of the hospice and palliative care program. This position is responsible for assuming the highest quality of patient/family care, professional services, program growth and innovation, optimal utilization of resources, development of successful internal and external relationships, and the achievement of established financial objectives, including philanthropic outreach.
- Work with an interdisciplinary team with over 30 years of dedicated and compassionate care provided to the residents of greater Northeast Georgia.
- Assumes responsibility for the Hospice service line including, but not limited to, Hospice Care nursing, social work, spiritual care, bereavement, volunteer services, veteran services, quality improvement and compliance.
- Affirms a holistic approach by incorporating hospice care, patient and family in the overall care and treatment rendered by the care team.
- Provides direct patient care in hospital and facilities as well as patient homes
- Current patient base averages between 160-200
- Patients range from pediatric to adult
Required skills and qualifications:
- D. or D.O. and residency completed at an ACGME accredited program
- Must be BC/BE in Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- Minimum one year of hospice work experience OR completion of a hospice medical director training program and ability to demonstrate clinical and administrative leadership skills
- Ability to build and negotiate collaborative relationships
- A comprehensive understanding of hospice functions, standards, policies, and applicable state, federal, and auditing agency regulations.
- Must possess a valid drivers license
NGPG offers Highly Competitive Compensation Plans, 401K Matching/457B Plans and Life, Health & Disability Insurance.
Northeast Georgia Medical Center (NGMC-Gainesville) is a 557-bed regional referral center located in Gainesville, Georgia providing a wide array of healthcare services complemented by a medical staff of over 700+ members that represent a vast range of primary care and sub-specialty physicians. NGMC is Georgia s #1 Hospital for the second consecutive year 2014 - 2016 and it is also in the top 10 in the nation according to a recent study by CareChex, an independent healthcare quality rating service. NGMC also has been named one of "Metro Atlanta s Top 100 Workplaces" by the Atlanta Journal Constitution (AJC) for 2011- 2016.
Contact us today and learn why practicing medicine in Northeast Georgia is the perfect location to Live, Work and Play.
Contact: Jennifer McCalla, Physician Recruiter email@example.com
Apply for Hospice Medical Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly