Trauma Surgery Opportunity in North Central Florida
Ocala Health is seeking a talented surgeon to join their team. Our rapidly growing ACS and State verified Level II trauma program is seeking a fellowship-trained acute care surgeon.
- The incoming surgeon will join a well-established and respected team.
- The 14-person team consists of 7 acute care surgeons and 7 physician assistants.
- Annual trauma admission volume is >3,700 and the surgeons take all general surgery call.
- They oversee a closed surgical ICU which admits up to 34 patients.
- The trauma program also oversees the general surgery residency program as well as surgical critical care fellowship program for the University of Central Florida.
- Applicants who join the group will be given a faculty appointments with both the University of Central Florida and the University of South Florida.
- This practice is a hybrid community and academic based practice.
- Applicants must be board certified or board eligible in both general surgery and surgical critical care.
- Candidates should be clinically comfortable with a broad range of surgical procedures and have an interest in both research and teaching.
- New graduates will be mentored by senior faculty members.
- Competitive compensation
- Great comprehensive and flexible benefits program
- Strong support system
About Ocala Health:
- 2 hospital system (Ocala Regional: 290-beds, West Marion: 186-beds) and 3 freestanding EDs
- The region s only Level II Trauma Center and DNV certified Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Consistent growth and impressive investment in capital improvements for several years
- Growing graduate medical education (GME) partnering with University of Central Florida (UCF) to train the next generation of physicians
Ocala is a remarkable town for raising a family; including top-notch educational options. Marion County boasts winding pathways canopied with oak trees and dangling trellises of Spanish Moss, Silver Springs - Nature's Theme Park, the Ocala National Forest, the rolling green fields of horse farms, historic districts, outstanding golf courses, crystal-clear rivers, and fresh-water springs. Marion County has a population of approximately 365,000 and growing. Ocala is conveniently located one hour from both coasts and one hour north of Orlando.
Apply for Trauma Surgery Opportunity in North Central Florida
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly