Seeking BC/BE Gastroenterologist for Mostly Outpatient Practice Opportunity with the Marion IL V...
The Marion IL Veterans Affairs Medical Center is seeking a Board Certified / Board Eligible Gastroenterologist skilled in both upper and lower GI diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, such as EGD. Colonoscopy, PEG placement, esophageal dilation, with ERCP skills a definite plus, for outpatient (90%) and inpatient (10%) practice opportunity. Clinical duties include diagnosing, treating, and managing patients referred for management of GI disorders including liver disease, Hepatitis C, and liver transplants based on standard and customary methods and techniques in the outpatient setting. Call is shared equally and there is no in-house call involved. The Marion VA Health Care System, with 55 acute beds, operates a Health Care Center in Evansville Indiana and Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs) in Vincennes Indiana; Mt. Vernon, Harrisburg, Carbondale, and Effingham, Illinois; and Hanson, Owensboro, and Paducah, Kentucky. The Marion VAMC is a teaching hospital, providing a full range of patient care services, with state-of-the-art technology, and academic affiliation with Southern Illinois University (SIU) School of Medicine. Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM (Other Schedule Interests May Be Considered).
- Must be U.S. Citizen (Non-Citizens May Be Considered)
- Must possess current, active, and unencumbered U.S. Medical License
- Must be Fellowship Trained in Gastroenterology and be Board Certified or Eligible
The City of Marion is situated in beautiful southern Illinois – an area featuring logistic dynamics, world-class outdoor activities, workforce opportunities and renowned educational facilities. Marion delivers a hometown feel while obtaining steady growth and successful economic development. Marion is an affordable, convenient, and friendly place to live. Nicknamed “The Hub of the Universe,” Marion has become a magnet for industry, shopping, and restaurants. With a historic downtown area offering unique shops, arts and entertainment and a historic library, Marion has successfully blended the old and the new. As the city has grown, careful planning has led to the creation of enterprise zones, industrial parks, TIF districts and, most recently, the development of Boulder Creek on the Hill.
- The VA supports a healthy work-life-family balance and offers a robust employee benefits package
- Expected annual salary range is $320,000 - $385,000 conditioned upon selected candidate's experience & credentials
- Selected candidate may also be considered for an annual performance pay bonus of up to $15,000
- And eligibility to apply for VA's Education Debt Reduction Program up to $200,000 for student loans
- Paid Time Off: 26 Days’ Annual Vacation, 13 Days Sick Leave and 10 Federal Holidays with pay
- Available Medical-Dental-Vision-Life insurance plans with some shared premium costs and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Plans: Federal Employees Retirement System; Thrift Savings Plan, a 401K-type plan, with up to 5% matching
About the VA:
The Department of Veterans Affairs offers Veterans the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the United States. We operate more than 1,400 sites of care, including 153 medical centers, 909 ambulatory and community-based outpatient clinics, 135 nursing homes, 232 Veterans centers, 47 readjustment counseling centers, and 108 comprehensive home-care programs, across all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and U.S. Territories.
For More Information:
Please forward copy of your CV and Cover Letter, summarizing your background, education, training, clinical practice, credentials and interests, to Dave Aragon, VA National Healthcare Recruiter, email@example.com or call (702) 675-5761.
Apply for Seeking BC/BE Gastroenterologist for Mostly Outpatient Practice Opportunity with the Marion IL V...
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly