Outstanding Opportunity for a Board Certified Thoracic Surgeon
Advocate Aurora Health has an exceptional opportunity for a dynamic minimally invasive Thoracic Surgeon to join a general thoracic surgery group in the Chicago Metropolitan area. The position will be based at Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge with some outreach to other locations.
Training and/or experience required:
- Completion of an accredited thoracic surgery program
- Must be board certified in Thoracic Surgery
- Robotic surgical skills required
- Prefer 5 years post training experience
- Excellent leadership skills along with a strong drive to grow a program
- Patient centered with excellent communication skills
- Collaborative team player
- You will become part of a collaborative, experienced team in a supportive organization
- This busy practice has enjoyed substantial growth caring for a diverse patient population
- Opportunity to share your passion and innovation and assist in the continued growth of this already successful program
- Enjoy performing a broad range of thoracic procedures including MIS, robotic, and endoscopic procedures for lung and esophagus
What Advocate Aurora offers:
- An integrated, supportive, nationally known organization
- A patient-centered environment focused on providing quality health care to all patients
- State-of-the-art technology
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Paid medical liability insurance
- Relocation assistance up to $12,000
About Park Ridge, Illinois
Park Ridge is a picturesque suburb located 14 miles northwest of downtown Chicago, convenient to O'Hare Airport, major expressways, CTA and Metra trains allowing for an easy commute into the city while enjoying peaceful suburban living.
Park Ridge is a prime residential community that retains its distinctive, small-town charm where “community” is a big part of this suburban town. The City’s vibrant Uptown shopping area includes the Metra station, Public Library and several parks featuring live musical concerts and special events are held in the summer. Throughout the City, quiet tree-lined streets, pleasing architecture, excellent schools, centrally located library and ample parks help make Park Ridge one of the most desirable family communities in the Chicago area.
Unique shops and a great selection of restaurants fill the Uptown area, where new buildings blend serenely with historic ones. The Uptown Park Ridge skyline is graced with cupolas, church spires and the 100-foot tower of the Art Deco Pickwick Theatre, which is on the National Register of Historic Places.
In addition to the Uptown shopping area, Park Ridge offers other shopping and dining convenient to every neighborhood, including South Park, Village Green, the Dee Park area bordering Oakton Ave. and the Higgins Corridor bordering Chicago.
Park Ridge hosts a variety of businesses from privately owned to major corporations and is home to Lutheran General Hospital, a Level 1 trauma center, teaching hospital and part of Advocate Aurora Health-the 10th largest not for profit health system in the country.
Advocate Aurora Health, a top 12 not-for-profit health system in the nation, offers state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern Illinois. Our diverse team of over 70,000 caregivers includes more than 3,600 physicians and 1,800 advanced practice clinicians. Our strength and stability drives us forward and our supportive staff and leadership are committed to an autonomous practice environment. We strive to be on the forefront of a changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology and innovative approaches that provide impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Apply for Outstanding Opportunity for a Board Certified Thoracic Surgeon
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly