Assistant Professor Urology Opportunity at Tulane Medical Center
The Department of Urology at Tulane University School of Medicine and Tulane Health System is seeking a full-time urologist to join the faculty.
- Fellowship training preferred in urologic oncology, endourology and stone disease, female Pelvic urology or general urology
- Board certified in internal medicine and board eligible or certified in urology
- Eligible for Louisiana medical license
- Opportunity to establish a clinical practice and be a part of urology residency and fellowship training, medical student education, and basic/clinical research
- Provide urology coverage at Tulane Medical Center, University Medical Center New Orleans and the Southeast Louisiana Veterans Healthcare System Medical Center
- Active participation in the development of urology programs at the medical centers
- Outpatient clinic responsibilities at Tulane Urology Garden District Clinic and outreach sites as assigned
- Teaching responsibilities include formal and informal teaching activities for medicine residents, urology fellows, and medical students
- Comfortable with developing and participating in clinical and translational research and encouraging residents and fellows to participate with you in these studies
- Publication of findings in peer-review journals is expected with a minimum of one publication per year preferred
- With robotics available, applicants should be comfortable with the da Vinci robot
- After hours and weekend interventional coverage in rotation with other faculty
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- 403(b) university funded retirement plan
- Outstanding educational benefits including tuition waiver and option to participate in the tuition exchange program
- Employee assistance program
- Employee wellness program
- Family-friendly work environment complete with two child care centers on the downtown and uptown campuses
About Tulane Medical Center:
- Tulane Medical Center is an acclaimed teaching, research, and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane physicians provide leading-edge care ranging from primary to tertiary to quaternary in a vast number of specialties.
- With 235+ beds and 600+ physicians, Tulane Medical Center continues to grow to reflect the changing needs of the community. In addition to the downtown campus, Tulane Medical Center includes the Tulane Hospital for Women and Children campus in Metairie and the Lakeview Regional Medical Center campus in Covington.
- Within walking distance of the French Quarter, the New Orleans hospital provides expert medical care for children and adults. Our doctors specialize in the routine care of infants, children, adolescents, and adults, providing a wide range of family care services.
- Our mission is to provide world-class patient care, education, and research.
New Orleans, LA, nicknamed the Big Easy, offers an unparalleled nightlife and music scene. It also delivers a world-famous food and culinary experience unlike any other. The city has been named #1 Most Improved on the Best Business Cities list by the Wall Street Journal. There are numerous neighborhoods to explore especially if you are seeking charm and character - Warehouse District, Garden District, Gentilly, and many others. Whether a townhouse, double gallery home, center-hall or bungalow we have the community for you. Some of the biggest employers in the city include Tulane University, Entergy Corporation, and Whitney Holding Corp.
Interested applicants should submit a CV and cover letter to: Medin Powell, Physician Recruiter. Applicants will be accepted until qualified candidates are identified.
This position does NOT qualify for any Visa sponsorship.
Tulane University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
Apply for Assistant Professor Urology Opportunity at Tulane Medical Center
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly