Division Head, Anesthesiology, Critical Care & Pain Medicine
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center is conducting a national search for an outstanding accomplished professional to provide administrative leadership and assume full responsibility for all areas of management in the role of Division Head, Anesthesiology, Critical Care and Pain Medicine.
This candidate should be an accomplished clinical leader, nationally recognized with a strong academic reputation and who has the leadership qualities to further develop a nationally-recognized division. The Division Head provides administrative leadership and assumes full responsibility for all areas of management in the division to include finance and budget, long-range planning, resource allocation, space administration, and staff and faculty development.
The division consist of three departments:
- Anesthesiology Department: supports large surgical services, including 43 operating rooms, 18 out-of-OR sites, and our Regional Care Centers.
- Critical Care Department: provides the medical staffing of the institution’s 52 bed ICU and respiratory care throughout the hospital.
- Pain Medicine Department: provides both acute and chronic pain services to our cancer patients and survivors.
The selected individual will be responsible for developing a strategic plan to continue the growth of clinical services as the division continues to expand both in scope and reach, and the alignment of those services with the institutional strategy plan. Our goal is to excel in world-class quality and safety standards currently in place at MD Anderson. In addition to clinical service, the selected applicant will be expected to continue to grow the research and education efforts by the division.
- M.D. or equivalent degree
- Demonstration of clinical and academic excellence
- Demonstration of leadership qualities essential to effective problem solving, conflict resolution and negotiation
- Board certified in anesthesiology, pain medicine, and/or critical care medicine (or hold board-equivalent certification)
- Eligible for Texas medical licensure
At MD Anderson, our mission is to eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation and the world through outstanding programs that integrate patient care, research and prevention, and through education for undergraduate and graduate students, trainees, professionals, employees and the public. We are one of the premier cancer centers in the world, based on the excellence of our people, our research-driven patient care and our science.
Interested individuals should submit a copy of their curriculum vitae and three professional references along with a supplemental narrative statement to address their qualifications (2-3 pages) by May 10, 2021 through https://jobs.mdanderson.org/ Requisition #138394
MD Anderson Cancer Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws, unless such distinction is required by law. All positions at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center are security sensitive and subject to examination of criminal history record information. Smoke-free and drug-free environment
Apply for Division Head, Anesthesiology, Critical Care & Pain Medicine
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly