Assistant Medical Director, PACE
Who we are:
Family Health Centers of San Diego (FHCSD) is looking for an Assistant Medical Director to join our team at our PACE Program in College Grove. The Assistant Medical Director is responsible for the delivery of PACE participant’s care, clinical outcomes, and the implementation, as well as oversight, of the quality assessment and performance improvement program. Serve as the lead in the design of the medical components for the FHCSD PACE Program, and as a liaison to the medical community on behalf of the FHCSD PACE Program. Ensure FHCSD PACE Program meet all federal and state licensing laws, certification and regulatory requirements. Serve as the leader, consultant, and resource for the PACE medical team.
- Ensure compliance with PACE provider regulations pertaining to medical/clinical components of care.
- Evaluate and implement clinical practice guidelines based on best practice protocols, current literature and shared state-of-the-art clinical information.
- Provide internal consultation to the medical team through case review and analysis of aggregate data.
- Liaison with physician groups, specialists and hospitals in representing the PACE Program to strengthen positive provider relationships and enhance referrals.
- Develop external key contacts to include representatives of the medical community, long term care providers and assisted living providers.
- Promote the mission and goals of the PACE Program in the community, to referral and regulatory agencies, and other stakeholders.
- Provide leadership in the quality improvement program in designing and conducting quality projects, and keeping abreast of federal Outcomes-Based Quality Improvement initiatives.
- Interface with medical providers when quality concerns arise.
- Provide input into cost-effective clinical practices.
- Consult on the development of policies and procedures.
- Supervise, coach, counsel, and lead medical team in providing positive communication and timely feedback to ensure performance and outcomes are at the highest level of excellence.
- Coordinate the performance management and appraisal of the medical team.
- Demonstrate positive interpersonal relations in dealing with fellow employees, supervisors, and other department employees to ensure productivity and positive employee relations are maximized.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Graduate from an accredited school of medicine.
- Must possess current unrestricted license to practice in the State of California.
- Board certified in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine required.
- Certificate of added qualification in geriatrics and/or experience in the care of the chronically ill.
- Current American Heart Association healthcare provider, CPR (BLS), or Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Advanced Trauma Life Support, or Advance Resuscitation Training.
- DEA license.
- Job type: Full Time
- Competitive Salary with Excellent Benefits
- Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off, Extended Sick Leave and Paid Holidays
- Medical/Dental/Vision/FSA/Life Insurance
- Employee Discounts and Wellness Programs
FHCSD was founded by community activists working towards a common goal: caring, affordable, high-quality medical care for all. We are proud to continue this mission today as we provide accessible services to over 210,000 patients across San Diego County. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated commitment to community medicine and providing culturally competent care to the medically underserved.
Apply for Assistant Medical Director, PACE
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly