Physician (Chief of Imaging)
The Chief, Imaging Health Care Group (HCG) Service is responsible for the overall management, planning, organization, direction, and control of all programs within the Imaging HCG. The Chief, Imaging HCG is responsible for fiscal oversight, patient satisfaction, patient care delivery, research activities, and appropriate interface with all other services of the VA Long Beach Healthcare System. He/she is engaged in facility and HCG level strategic, operational, and tactical planning.
The major duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Supervises on-board personnel, evaluate prospective new hires, oversee compliance with all applicable regulations, addressing patient complaints, credentialing and peer-review issues, and inquiries and investigations from Congress, the White House, VA Central Office, and national investigative bodies.
- Participates as a member and/or leader of Imaging and VALBHS-wide committees responsible for peer review, accreditation, and systems redesign and quality improvement projects, as assigned by the Office of the Chief of Staff.
- Carries out administrative duties as assigned in a timely, resourceful, and efficient manner. He or she will demonstrate interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills that enable him/her to establish and maintain professional relationships with other professionals, whether they are supervisees, peers, or supervisors and leaders both at VALBHS and at higher levels.
- Provides direct patient care in his/her specialty area approximately 25-40% of the time; which includes, evaluating and prioritizing radiology orders, ordering and evaluating appropriate laboratory studies, protocoling and approving complex imaging exams, notifying providers of critical imaging results.
- Completes all VA reports on each patient examined to include appropriate CPT codes and diagnosis.
- Functions part-time as a Radiology-Educator for medical and other health care trainees including students, resident physicians and fellows as part of his/her duties as a member of the department.
- Fosters an environment of mutual respect and free communication and promote a culture of safety in which individuals will feel free to point out problems and deficiencies without fear of retaliation.
- Works to impart an expectation of individual sacrifice for the good of the Veterans served by the Imaging HCG itself.
Recruitment/Relocation Incentives: May be authorized for highly qualified candidate.
PCS: May be authorized for highly qualified candidate.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not requireRequirementsConditions of Employment
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
- Supervisory experience
- Diagnostic Radiology background
Physical Requirements: VA Handbook 5019/1, Part II, Pre-Placement Physical Examinations and Evaluations.Education
Note: Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan payment reimbursement program. You must meet specific individual eligibility requirements in accordance with VHA policy and submit your EDRP application within four months of appointment. Approval, award amount (up to $200,000) and eligibility period (one to five years) are determined by the VHA Education Loan Repayment Services program office after complete review of the EDRP application. Learn more
VA offers a comprehensive benefits package. This link provides an overview of the benefits associated with a VA practice: VHA Physician Brochure.
Please click here to read the full job description https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/591301300
Apply for Physician (Chief of Imaging)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly