Pulmonary Critical Care Intensivist
Catholic Health in Western New York has an opening for a board eligible/certified Pulmonary Critical Care Intensivist. Candidates will be well supported by colleagues and nursing staff. This Hospital based inpatient practice integrates high value Critical Care Services and provides a critical service to the community. It is designed as a high-performing provider care network that manages care-delivery through seamless and well-coordinated protocols for critically ill inpatients.
KEY JOB FEATURES
- Full Time, Employed – Hospital
- Competitive Salary & Benefits
ABOUT MERCY HOSPITAL OF BUFFALO
Established in 1904, Mercy Hospital of Buffalo is one of the largest and busiest hospitals in the region, serving Buffalo and its surrounding communities. Along with a wide range of medical, surgical and maternal/child services, the hospital houses the Catholic Health Heart Center, providing a full range of cardiac care services including heart surgery and the latest minimally invasive cardiac procedures. Mercy Hospital serves as a Joint Commission-accredited Comprehensive Stroke Center with physician experts and capabilities to diagnose and treat the most complex stroke cases. The hospital is also home to the state-of-the-art Mercy Emergency Center featuring 32 private treatment rooms and a rooftop heliport. Mercy Hospital of Buffalo also has the Family BirthPlace providing a full spectrum of maternity/child services and a neonatal intensive care unit.
Work in an ever improving facility, recent renovation plans include:
- A new addition of 20,000 square feet of OR space
- A new MRI suite in an 8,100 square-foot addition
Work in top rated facility:
- Mercy received the National Research Corporation (NRC Health) Excellence Award for Large Hospitals – 300+ beds (over 700 hospitals in that category). The reward is given to organizations for their commitment to enhancing care experiences.
- Mercy’s critical care nursing team earned the Beacon Award for Excellence by the American Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN).
- Mercy Hospital of Buffalo is an American Heart Association/JACHO Comprehensive Stroke Center.
- Mercy Hospital is a Stroke Gold Plus Quality facility per the American Stroke Association/American Heart Association
- Mercy Hospital is a 5 Star Hospital for the treatment of Respiratory Failure
- Mercy Hospital of Buffalo received the American College of Cardiology Platinum Achievement Award
- Provide a full scope of critical care services.
- Demonstrate ability to implement and maintain an inpatient critical care service.
- Work closely with Neurosurgery, Vascular Surgery, Neurology, Emergency Services, Medicine, Radiology and Rehabilitative Medicine and Medical Director to streamline care of critically ill patients according to evidence based practice and patient centric model.
KEY POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Completion of Fellowship in Pulmonary Critical Care.
- Board certified, or board eligible, MD or DO with advanced graduate medical education and training in Pulmonary Critical Care.
- Candidate must have current, unrestricted, New York State license or NYS Licensure in progress and active on date of hire
- Current, unrestricted federal, and as needed state, prescriptive authority.
- CPR and ACLS Certified
- Passion for delivering high-quality, value-based versus volume-based care.
- Desire to be part of an organization that is committed to excellence.
ABOUT CATHOLIC HEALTH IN BUFFALO
- Catholic Health has 5 hospitals throughout Western New York State
- Catholic Health’s network includes OBGYN, Primary care and specialty centers
- Catholic Health geographically covers two counties
- Catholic Health provides acute, outpatient and ancillary services, including Cardiac, Vascular and Orthopedic Excellence
- Catholic Health has over 8000 employees
Buffalo is located in Western New York State and is a beautiful waterfront city that offers numerous outdoor recreational activities to enjoy an active lifestyle all year round. Buffalo and Western New York provide many of the large-city amenities such as theater, great food, excellent schools, and cultural events, without being encumbered by high costs, traffic and overcrowding. Buffalo is currently experiencing a rebirth and revitalization, which has changed the landscape as well as the opportunities for fun.BUFFALO NIAGARA
- Is #10 in the USA for least expensive places to live.
- Has an average commute of 20 minutes.
- Enjoy 24 performance Theaters
- Browse over 40 Museums
- Boasts an amazing Olmsted Park System
- Has incredible architecture
- Features outstanding quality restaurants, with strong variety and easily accessible.
- Has over 100 direct flights daily for easy travel.
- Has only 4.25 hours of ground stop annually at the Airport.
- Is the City of Good Neighbors.
Interested applicants should reply with a current CV and a cover letter (with salary requirements). firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Pulmonary Critical Care Intensivist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly