Emergency Medicine Simulation Program Director
Emergency Medicine Director of Simulation Education Needed in Beautiful Thousand Oaks, CA.
Los Robles Health System in Thousand Oaks, California is searching for a board certified or eligible emergency physician with expertise in Simulation Education for our graduate medical education team. This person will join a well-established emergency medicine group practice, working as a nocturnist and Director of Simulation Education, for a competitive compensation.
This role will be responsible for emergency medicine medical simulation curriculum design. They will develop and direct immersive scenarios, procedures and ultrasound workshops for educational activities at resident conference and faculty development. The Medical Director of Simulation Education will have a key role in providing innovative education for the program.
This is a new EM Program pending ACGME accreditation. The anticipated start date for the first class of EM residents will be July 1, 2021.
• Residency trained in Emergency Medicine
• Must be board certified or eligible in emergency medicine (ABEM/AOBEM)
• Post residency training in simulation
• Must have resident teaching experience; prior core faculty experience a plus or former chief residents
Responsibilities to Include:
• Dedicate no less than 12 hours per month to the administrative & didactic activities of the program
• Attending and Instructing Curriculum Activities
• Creating and executing Simulation-based learning experiences to residents and faculty
• Supervising residents in the emergency department
• Assisting with curriculum planning
• Providing debriefing training for faculty
• Scholarly productivity
• Membership on the Clinical Competency Committee & Program Evaluation Committee
• Participation in other GME committees
Other responsibilities will be determined by the needs of the program identified by the Program Director.
About Los Robles Health System:
Located in the heart of Thousand Oaks and one of the Conejo Valley’s largest employers, Los Robles Health System is consistently rated for high patient and physician satisfaction, the 382-bed facility is a regional destination for many services and boasts more than 600 physicians on staff representing 50 specialties:
-Level II Trauma Center, first and only in Eastern Ventura County
-Designated STEMI receiving center, only hospital in the state certified by both Los Angeles and Ventura Counties
- The only hospital certified in Los Angeles and Ventura counties as a STEMI-designated heart attack center for rapid heart attack response and is a certified Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Part of the HCA Healthcare family, Los Robles is welcoming its first class of Graduate Medical Education (GME) residents in July 2021. HCA Healthcare GME is the largest sponsor of residency and fellowship programs across the nation. As the program grows, it will include emergency medicine, general surgery, transitional care, neurology, and anesthesiology.
-Complete cardiovascular care with access to clinical trials, registries and experts in diagnostic, interventional, electrophysiology, cardiac surgery and cardiac rehab services
- The only Emergency room in both Los Angeles and Ventura Counties with the coveted EDAP (Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics) rating
- A 12-bed Pediatric Unit composed of 8 traditional pediatric beds and 4 pediatric intermediate medical care beds, providing specialized care for pediatric patients through age 17.
-Nationally recognized orthopedic and spine services accredited by The Joint Commission for total hip and knee replacement
-Women’s Services including 24/7 OB/GYN hospitalists for high-risk OB and a Level III NICU
-Multi-faceted oncology services with a full care team of specialists
For more information, visit www.LosRoblesHospital.com.
Thousand Oaks, California – As the second largest city in Ventura County and a premier place to live in the area, the community boasts a small town feel with all the amenities and access to major destinations in Southern California. The community is known as one of the safest cities and boasts the nation’s top schools, shopping and parks. With more than 150 miles of trails for walking, running and biking, there is something for everyone. The beach is only a short 60 minute drive away and is approximately 40 miles from Downtown Los Angeles.
Apply for Emergency Medicine Simulation Program Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly