Emergency Medicine Associate Program Director
Emergency Medicine Associate Program Director Needed in Beautiful Thousand Oaks, CA
Los Robles Health System in Thousand Oaks, California, is currently searching for an Assistant Program Director of Emergency Medicine for our graduate medical education team. This person will join a dedicated group of patient friendly, highly productive, emergency medicine practice. The ideal candidate will be an ACGME trained and board certified or eligible ABEM/AOBEM emergency medicine physician with expertise in resident education who will work as a nocturnist and Assistant Program Director. Competitive compensation offered.
This key role will collaborate with the Program Director in planning and coordinating the academic and operational activities of the residency program. The Assistant Program Director will provide administrative oversight and guidance to the residents. They will ensure program, faculty, and resident compliance with ACGME guidelines. This is a new EM Program pending ACGME accreditation. The anticipated start date for the first class of EM residents will be July 1, 2021.
• Residency trained in emergency medicine
• Must be board eligible or board certified in emergency medicine (ABEM/AOBEM)
• Must have resident teaching experience; prior core faculty experience a plus or former chief residents
• Experience as an Assistant/Associate Program Director a major plus
Responsibilities to Include:
• Dedicated time per month to the administrative and didactic activities of the program
• Attending and instructing curriculum activities
• Developing academic and operational activities of the program
• Oversee education of residents
• Supervising residents in the emergency department
• Assisting with curriculum planning
• Resident recruitment, mentoring & orientation
• Assisting residents with scholarly output
• Scholarly productivity
• Membership on the Clinical Competency Committee & Program Evaluation Committee
• Participation in other GME committees
Other responsibilities will be determined by the needs of the program identified by the Program Director.
About Los Robles Health System:
Located in the heart of Thousand Oaks and one of the Conejo Valley’s largest employers, Los Robles Health System is consistently rated for high patient and physician satisfaction, the 382-bed facility is a regional destination for many services and boasts more than 600 physicians on staff representing 50 specialties:
-Level II Trauma Center, first and only in Eastern Ventura County
-Designated STEMI receiving center, only hospital in the state certified by both Los Angeles and Ventura Counties
- The only hospital certified in Los Angeles and Ventura counties as a STEMI-designated heart attack center for rapid heart attack response and is a certified Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Part of the HCA Healthcare family, Los Robles is welcoming its first class of Graduate Medical Education (GME) residents in July 2021. HCA Healthcare GME is the largest sponsor of residency and fellowship programs across the nation. As the program grows, it will include emergency medicine, general surgery, transitional care, neurology, and anesthesiology.
-Complete cardiovascular care with access to clinical trials, registries and experts in diagnostic, interventional, electrophysiology, cardiac surgery and cardiac rehab services
- The only Emergency room in both Los Angeles and Ventura Counties with the coveted EDAP (Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics) rating
- A 12-bed Pediatric Unit composed of 8 traditional pediatric beds and 4 pediatric intermediate medical care beds, providing specialized care for pediatric patients through age 17.
-Nationally recognized orthopedic and spine services accredited by The Joint Commission for total hip and knee replacement
-Women’s Services including 24/7 OB/GYN hospitalists for high-risk OB and a Level III NICU
-Multi-faceted oncology services with a full care team of specialists
For more information, visit www.LosRoblesHospital.com.
Thousand Oaks, California – As the second largest city in Ventura County and a premier place to live in the area, the community boasts a small town feel with all the amenities and access to major destinations in Southern California. The community is known as one of the safest cities and boasts the nation’s top schools, shopping and parks. With more than 150 miles of trails for walking, running and biking, there is something for everyone. The beach is only a short 60 minute drive away and is approximately 40 miles from Downtown Los Angeles.
Apply for Emergency Medicine Associate Program Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly