Gastroenterologist - DePaul Hospital Campus
It's more than a career, it's a calling
MO-SSM Health DePaul Hospital - St. Louis
This is a special opportunity for a seasoned gastroenterologist or recent fellow who wants to be busy and earn top $$$.
- A well respected, physician led practice model
- Consistently high producing colleagues, substantial community need, and waiting patient panel
- Practice in one suburban location - Clinic, Endoscopy Center and Hospital are co-located
- Great benefits including retirement, comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, generous vacation and paid, reimbursed CME
- NP coverage for office visits, patient education, inpatient consultations and rounding
- Highly trained, experienced staff and EHR integrated system wide in order to minimize physician time spent on non-clinical tasks
- In-house anesthesia, pathology, CT and infusion
- Weekend call will be 1:6
SSM Health DePaul Hospital is a 476-bed, full service Catholic hospital that opened in 1828, as the first hospital west of the Mississippi River. DePaul Hospital provides the only Level II Trauma Center in North St. Louis County, primarily serving patients from the surrounding Missouri communities of Bridgeton, Florissant, Hazelwood, St. Ann, Olivette, St. John, Maryland Heights and Overland. With all private rooms, SSM DePaul offers comprehensive medical care, and highly advanced technology including the da Vinci Surgery System. Procedures available include minimally invasive heart, spine, knee, hip and weight loss surgery.
SSM Health Medical Group the St. Louis metro area with almost 400 primary and specialty care physicians in 65 locations throughout the St. Louis region, including 5 urgent care clinics and 25 Express Clinics collocated with Walgreens. We are proud of our physician led practice model. Governance of our medical group is provided by a board comprised of physicians, partnered with administrative staff. Our practice model gives each of our physicians a voice in the operation of their own practice, allowing them to manage the care of their patients and provide appropriate treatment.
SSM Health is a Catholic not-for-profit health system serving the comprehensive health needs of communities across the Midwest through a robust and fully integrated health care delivery system. Headquartered in St. Louis, SSM Health has care delivery sites in Missouri, Illinois, Oklahoma and Wisconsin. The health system includes 24 hospitals, more than 300 physician offices and other outpatient care sites, 10 post-acute facilities, comprehensive home care and hospice services, a pharmacy benefit company, an insurance company, a technology company and an Accountable Care Organization.
With more than 10,000 providers and 40,000 employees in four states, SSM Health is one of the largest employers in every community it serves. An early adopter of the electronic health record (EHR), SSM Health is a national leader for the depth of its EHR integration.
- D. or D.O.
- Completion of an ACGME or AOA Gastroenterology Fellowship Program
- Board Certified in Gastroenterology, or Board Eligible (must become Board Certified within 2 years).
- Missouri Medical License
- DEA certificate
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
In addition to clinical skills, the candidate must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, professionalism with an emphasis on integrity, a commitment to excellence, and ethical principles of clinical care. Also required are an ability to exercise confidentiality of patient information, informed consent, demonstration of respect, and regard for patient needs. All SSM physicians are expected to adhere to the basic SSM Health values of Excellence, Integrity, Teamwork, Service, and Initiative.
Computer literacy, including MS Excel and electronic communication skills are required. Physicians must be comfortable and proficient with EPIC electronic health record system, utilizing electronic tools such as email, mychart, PACS, LMS, etc.
Timely completion of medical records is a requirement. Some weekends and extended hours may be required.
Diagnose and treat injuries or illnesses.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Responsible for obtaining call coverage by other medical staff members for holidays, vacations and other time off.
- Responsible for the standard of practice for patient population.
- Responsibility for maintaining a private office and all clinical decision making within the office during times of service.
- Acts as an advisor and consultant in the establishment of operational policies of the practice to include: (1) Purchasing and capital allocations; (2) Managed care plan participation; (3) Budget and practice expenses; (4) Medicare/Medicaid participation; (5) Billing and collection of professional fees; (6) Personnel management and related policies; (7) Risk management and quality assurance; and (8) Coding compliance.
- Responsible for after-hours call coverage for patients of the practice, in addition to office appointments.
- Participates in community service activities, including speaking engagements, writing and special clinical programs as reasonably requested.
- Responsible for all risk management, coding compliance and quality assurance activities and functions in and related to the practice.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Licenses / Certifications:
Physician - State of Work Location
Day Shift (United States of America)
72280169 DePaul GI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Apply for Gastroenterologist - DePaul Hospital Campus
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly