Physician - Gastroenterology - St Mary's - St Louis
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - St. Louis
It's more than a career, it's a calling
MO-SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - St. Louis
This is a special opportunity for a seasoned Gastroenterologist or recent fellow who wants to be busy and earn top $$$.
- Colleagues who consistently produce in the highest percentiles, creating community need and a waiting patient panel
- Great benefits including retirement, comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, generous vacation and paid, reimbursed CME
- NP coverage for office visits, patient education, inpatient consultations and rounding
- Highly trained, experienced staff and EHR integrated system wide in order to minimize physician time spent on non-clinical tasks
- Procedures performed on same campus as office/clinical practice and inpatient facility
- In-house anesthesia, pathology, CT and infusion
- Weekend call will be 1:6
- Opportunities to work with students, residents and fellows (if desired)
- A well respected, physician led practice model
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital is a centrally located, 525-bed hospital that provides cardiovascular and open-heart surgery, heart attack care, a chest pain center, advanced stroke care, high-risk pregnancies, fetal surgery, and the latest imaging and outpatient services. St. Mary s enjoys a long-standing relationship with St. Louis University School of Medicine, offering residency programs in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, and Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Richmond Heights, MO successfully melds progress with tradition. It is a historic, yet contemporary, first-ring suburb of St. Louis that is home to the region s premier shopping destination, a diverse population, and an award-winning community center with an indoor aquatics center and fitness center. The neighborhood typifies the highly sought-after new urbanism.
St. Louis, Missouri, is an affordable place to live with 2.8 million residents and activities for everyone! Highlights include the world renown St. Louis Arch, the St. Louis Symphony, Fox Theater, Art Museum, Science Center, Missouri Botanical Gardens and one of the best zoos in the country. St. Louis is a big-league city where the best fans in baseball cheer on the 11-time World Series champions the St. Louis Cardinals along with the 2019 Stanley Cup winning NHL St. Louis Blues. In 2023, an MLS expansion team, St. Louis City SC, will begin play.
Pick a lifestyle St. Louis has it the city itself boasts diverse, iconic neighborhoods and proud heritage. Revitalized urban areas include Benton Park, Soulard, the Central West End, the downtown loft district, The Grove and Tower Grove South neighborhoods. Easily accessible suburbs offer award winning public, private and parochial schools. You ll find diverse worship and cultural opportunities through the metropolitan area. The proliferation of exceptional institutions of higher education, including Washington University, St. Louis University, and University of Missouri demonstrates that education is a priority for St. Louis.
- D. or D.O.
- Completion of an ACGME or AOA Gastroenterology Fellowship Program
- Board Certified in Gastroenterology, or Board Eligible (must become Board Certified within 2 years).
- Missouri Medical License
- DEA certificate
- ACLS certification
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
In addition to clinical skills, the candidate must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, professionalism with an emphasis on integrity, a commitment to excellence, and ethical principles of clinical care. Also required are an ability to exercise confidentiality of patient information, informed consent, demonstration of respect, and regard for patient needs. All SSM physicians are expected to adhere to the basic SSM Health values of Excellence, Integrity, Teamwork, Service, and Initiative.
Computer literacy, including MS Excel and electronic communication skills are required. Physicians must be comfortable and proficient with EPIC electronic health record system, utilizing electronic tools such as email, mychart, PACS, LMS, etc. Timely completion of medical records is a requirement. Some weekends and extended hours may be required.
Diagnose and treat injuries or illnesses.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Responsible for obtaining call coverage by other medical staff members for holidays, vacations and other time off.
- Responsible for the standard of practice for patient population.
- Responsibility for maintaining a private office and all clinical decision making within the office during times of service.
- Acts as an advisor and consultant in the establishment of operational policies of the practice to include: (1) Purchasing and capital allocations; (2) Managed care plan participation; (3) Budget and practice expenses; (4) Medicare/Medicaid participation; (5) Billing and collection of professional fees; (6) Personnel management and related policies; (7) Risk management and quality assurance; and (8) Coding compliance.
- Responsible for after-hours call coverage for patients of the practice, in addition to office appointments.
- Participates in community service activities, including speaking engagements, writing and special clinical programs as reasonably requested.
- Responsible for all risk management, coding compliance and quality assurance activities and functions in and related to the practice.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Apply for Physician - Gastroenterology - St Mary's - St Louis
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly