Associate Chief of Staff Geriatrics & Extended Care Service (Physician)
The Associate Chief of Staff for the Geriatrics and Extended Care Service Line will provide professional patient care approximately 70% of the time and administrative duties 30% of the time. The duties and responsibilities of the ACOS, GEC include but are not limited to the following:
- Working with the Associate Chief Nurse, Geriatrics; Chief, Social Work Service, and subordinate supervisors, managers and team leaders in the service line to achieve and maintain high standards of performance. The incumbent may delegate authority to subordinate supervisors and hold them responsible for the performance of their specific units. In this regard, the incumbent is administratively responsible for all subordinate supervisors and managers and is the approving official of all goals, policies and procedures established by each.
- Participating in organizational planning to include strategic, operational, programmatic and other plans and policies to achieve the mission and vision of the Medical Center.
- Participating in the development of long and short-term goals for the Service Line and the organization.
- Functioning as a collaborating provider for Advance Practice Nurses/Nurse Practitioners, Physicians Assistants, Clinical Pharmacy Specialist, as needed.
Work Schedule:Monday-Friday(Day tour with expectation of some extended hours)
Financial Disclosure Report:Not required
Note 1: Reimbursement for travel and relocation expenses are authorized.
Note 2:Recruitment or relocation incentive may be authorized for highly qualified candidate. (subject to eligibility and approval) .
Note 3:Once appointed, if you meet all established criteria, you may be eligible to apply for partial student loan reimbursement under the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), subject to available funding. You will be required to make contact with the Program Coordinator in Human Resources within 30 days of your appointment date to confirm your eligibility and initiate application paperwork.
Note 4:Physician is required to be a collaborating physician for one or more mid-level providers upon request duties
You may be expected to travel for this position.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.Supervisory status
- Job family (Series)
0602 Medical Officer
- U.S. Citizenship; non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Designated and/or random drug testing required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination
Conditions of Employment
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
The ideal candidate will possess the following characteristics and attributes:
Administrative and clinical experience
Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
Proven leadership skills
Embraces and initiates new treatment programs and technologies
Effective management and operations experience
Board certification Has a vision for the future Advocates for clinical research Interested in the pursuit of excellence
Experience in physician recruitment and retention
Reference:VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Physical Requirements:In Accordance With VA Directive and Handbook 5019.
Note:Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here:http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit:http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Apply for Associate Chief of Staff Geriatrics & Extended Care Service (Physician)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly