Associate Chair for Diversity Equity and Inclusion
The Einstein-Montefiore Department of Medicine (DOM) is seeking candidates for the Associate Chair for Diversity Equity and Inclusion (AC-DEI) position. The AC-DEI will provide vision and leadership to promote a departmental culture that values and supports diversity, equity, and inclusion. This position will report to the Chair of the DOM and work closely with the Chair, Vice Chairs, Einstein, and Montefiore Medical Center Diversity Leadership, and DOM Administration. S/he will also chair the DOM Diversity and Inclusion Council. The successful candidate will be a physician who demonstrates cultural awareness and sensitivity, and is able to build trust and credibility, and collaborate with a wide variety of stakeholders to achieve goals.
- Provide vision and leadership for diversity and inclusion initiatives across the department, aligned with the DOM Strategic Plan.
- Create and lead the DOM Diversity and Inclusion Council and ensure that recommendations of the Council are prioritized and operationalized.
- determine departmental diversity equity and inclusion metrics and develop a system for tracking and evaluation.
- Work closely with faculty and staff search committees, residency and fellowship program leadership, and department/division leadership to design effective strategies for identifying diverse candidates and addressing bias in the screening and selection processes.
- Design an approach and create incentives to enhance retention of our underrepresented minority (URM) trainees as faculty.
- Develop plans to ensure equity across diversity status as it relates to salary, promotion, retention, mentoring, and leadership.
- Provide continuing support for URM trainees and faculty through mentoring and career development programs, in collaboration with the Vice Chairs for Faculty Affairs and Research.
- Create and implement a medical student elective for URM medical students from across the country.
- Create a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion website for the DOM with help from the DOM director of media and communication, providing information and resources available to our community members.
- Other special projects to be determined in consultation with the Chair and Executive Committee
- The AC-DEI will be a member of the DOM executive committee which oversees all operations and initiatives of the Department of Medicine, as well as the implementation of the DOM 5-year (2020-2025) strategic plan.
- The faculty member serving as AC-DEI will have 50% protected administrative time for their AC-DEI activities.
- Administrative Support: A shared administrative assistant will support the AC-DEI.
- The AC-DEI will submit an annual budget request to support the activities of the office that will be reviewed and approved by the Chair of Medicine.
All candidates must provide a letter outlining their interest in the position and a copy of their CV to Senior Recruiter, John C. Pinto at email@example.com or call 718.920.2937
Montefiore (https://www.montefiore.org) is an equal employment opportunity employer. Montefiore will recruit, hire, train, transfer, promote, layoff and discharge associates in all job classifications without regard to their race, color, religion, creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, gender, actual or presumed disability, history of disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, pregnancy, military status, marital status, or partnership status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Montefiore, DOING MORESM
DOING MORE means building on a history of firsts to create the future of healthcare. For over 100 years, we’ve been pushing the boundaries of medicine with innovations such as the intravenous cardiac pacemaker and one of the nation’s first pediatric kidney transplants. As we move forward, we seek professionals who want to join our team of leaders and trailblazers to advance the health of our communities.
Montefiore Medical Center is the teaching hospital for the Albert Einstein College of Medicine and is in the Bronx, a short drive or public transit commute from Manhattan and easily accessible from Westchester County, Long Island and northern New Jersey.
Apply for Associate Chair for Diversity Equity and Inclusion
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly