Division Chief, Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine
Baystate Health, western Massachusetts’ premier healthcare provider and home to the University of Massachusetts Medical School – Baystate, is seeking an experienced Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine physician-leader for our Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine Division
The Successful candidate will do the following:
- Lead our group of 20+ pulmonary & critical care physicians and providers across our academic medical center and 3 community hospitals.
- Lead and expand the clinical, research, and educational activities of the Division in a way that contributes to the mission and goals of the organization. The position reports to the Chair of Medicine.
- Expand the clinical programs of the Division to support our tertiary care growth and the care of patients in our Medicaid and Medicare ACOs.
- Oversee the clinical, administrative, quality and safety, and recruitment activities of the Division.
- Partner with other stakeholders in the delivery of care for the pulmonary and/or critical care patients.
- Oversee the educational activities of the Division including both a Critical Care fellowship and Pulmonary and Critical Care fellowship.
- Grow the current research portfolio of NIH and industry supported trials.
- 5+ years’ pulmonary & critical care experience with evidence of progressive management responsibilities and leadership in an academic department.
- Strong record of collaboration; must possess the ability to engage a broad base of stakeholders to work towards a shared vision.
- Academic record consistent with appointment at the Professor or Associate Professor level at UMMS-Baystate.
- ABMS board certification in pulmonary & critical care.
YOU BELONG AT BAYSTATE. At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
Baystate Health is western Massachusetts’ premier healthcare provider and is home to the prestigious University of Massachusetts Medical School - Baystate. The cornerstone of our organization is Baystate Medical Center, a 716-bed tertiary care hospital which boasts the state’s single busiest emergency department and the region’s only Level-I trauma center. Together with three community hospitals, Baystate Children’s Hospital and Baystate Primary Care Medical Practices, we offer a diverse culture that provides outstanding opportunities for physicians and advanced practice providers to start and advance their career.
The Pioneer Valley provides extensive access to urban, suburban and rural amenities and is home to five colleges with communities that offer fine dining, shopping, music, galleries, and parks. We are located within two hours of Boston and three hours of NYC and Bradley International Airport is 20 minutes away. When you live and work in the Pioneer Valley, you will enjoy picturesque four-season living, excellent schools and year-round social and cultural events. In fact, Massachusetts was once again ranked #1 in Education nationally by U.S. News and World Report.
For more information please visit us online at: ChooseBaystateHealth.org or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers.All correspondence can be directed to:
Abraham Thomas, MD, MPH, FACP, Chair Dept. of Medicine at Baystate Health
c/o Melissa Hale, Physician Recruiter at Baystate Health
Phone: 413-794-2624 Email: Melissa.Hale@baystatehealth.org
Are you ready to advance your career with us?
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply for Division Chief, Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly