Obstetrics and Gynecology - Gotham Health, Cumberland
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY people do more than diagnose and treat; we uplift the spirits and dignity of patients because we love what we do, and it shows. PAGNY is committed to recruiting and retaining productive and enthusiastic physicians and promotes our health professionals wellness.
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
This position is located at:
NYC Health + Hospitals/Gotham Health, Cumberland
100 North Portland Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11205
- Under general direction, performs the most difficult and highly specialized professional medical work in Ob/Gyn.
- Consults with other members of the professional staff; performs related work as required.
- Conducts history, psychosocial evaluations and physical examinations.
- Analyzes lab results and follow up on abnormal results.
- Assesses and treats acute illness.
- Performs first aid.
- Monitors and treats chronic illnesses.
- Participates in medical and departmental staff meetings.
- Formulates a plan of management for the patient.
- Participates in the different training/in-service conducted by the department, facility or network.
- Participates in the different Quality improvement initiatives of the department, facility, or network (i.e. - peer review and QARR reviews).
- Completes patient correspondence.
- Maintains patient safety and infection control protocol, as per policies.
- Fosters/exercises service excellence in daily activities and when interacting with the general public and staff.
- Maintains expected standards of patient information confidentiality as per HIPAA policy.
- Provides primary health care to non-pregnant; asymptomatic women for health maintenance, including family planning services.
- Recognizes deviations from normal and refer to appropriate medical/social services.
- Requests and/or perform specific diagnostic procedures with appropriate consultation with the physician.
- Recognizes common gynecologic disorders and provides treatment within the prescribed protocol.
- Manages therapy for specific gynecology disorders.
- Supports and instructs the patient with respect to problems specific to female health, including counseling related to sexuality, family dynamics, infertility, family planning, self-breast examination, and menopause.
- Antepartum Care
- Establish with physician the status of the present pregnancy and identify risks, present or potential.
- Assume responsibility for the management of the care of the mother and fetus throughout pregnancy, as long as progress meets criteria as normal.
- Request and/or perform diagnostic procedures with appropriate consultation with the physician.
- Board Eligible or Certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Possess or be eligible for a New York State License
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
Please email your CV to Loretta Modesto, Physician Recruiter for PAGNY, at ModestoL@pagny.org
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Apply for Obstetrics and Gynecology - Gotham Health, Cumberland
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly