OnPoint Medical Group is looking for Physicians to join the team! OnPoint Medical Group is a dynamic, high-growth healthcare services company providing quality Primary and Urgent Care options to the South Denver Metro area. Backed by private equity, the company is looking to continue its growth through both future acquisitions and organic growth. The company’s senior management team is comprised of experienced and successfully proven healthcare executives working to build the premier, private healthcare option in both the Primary and Urgent Care fields in our market.
The OMG provider will be responsible for both direct patient care and for other administrative duties as designated by the Medical Director and his/her designee and in accordance with the Colorado Medical Practice Act. The Medical Director will provide the overall direction for all OMG activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING
The following statements are illustrative of the essential duties of the job and do not include other nonessential or peripheral duties that may be required. We retain the right to modify or change the essential and additional functions of the job at any time.
Physician’s duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Serving as an educational preceptor for the clinical staff including:
a. Responding to questions/consultations of the staff,
b. Planning and teaching in-services,
c. Developing and approving medical protocols, handouts and clinical standards,
d. Developing proficiency guidelines for mid-level medical providers (clinicians),
e. Reviewing and co-signing medical charts of patients who the mid-level medical providers have seen and about whom they have consulted with the physicians,
f. Meeting with individual mid-level medical providers to analyze their clinical practice and evaluate their individual needs,
g. Assisting in expanding the competencies of the clinical staff,
h. Developing a master plan in conjunction with the mid-level staff that outlines the educational goals which are to be met each semester and a time table for achieving,
i. Meeting weekly with a mid-level representative to plan and coordinate the educational and clinical needs of the staff;
2. Providing medical services to the patients of the clinic, inclusive of all functions necessary to provide quality medical care;
3. Serving as supervisory physician for the mid-level providers regarding clinical issues and State regulatory requirements;
4. Serving as the Health Center’s physician with responsibility for any area of the practice that requires physician oversight (i.e. CLIA regulations, Drug Outlet, etc.); assisting the Director of the Health Center as requested on various projects and issues as they arise;
5. Serving as co-chair of the Health Center quality assurance committee; participating in the ongoing functions associated with quality assurance providing direction/advice as needed.
Primary Job Functions
1. Practice using sound medical judgment and adhere to all ethical considerations of the practice of medicine; know limitations and seek consult when advisable; keep abreast of current technologies and industry standards;
2. Precept and teach mid-level medical providers enhancing their professional experience; advise clinical supervisor of any associated issues and provide ongoing performance assessments;
3. Participate in out-reach and research activities, as assigned and/or of interest (if approved by administration), that enhance the reputation of the Health Center and are associated with the department’s mission;
4. Monitor and mentor the other staff physician to ensure continual performance improvements (Medical Director only);
5. Meet all clinical obligations of the Health Center’s medical practice: CLIA medical supervision, drug outlet, co-signing, HIPAA, State and Federal regulations, etc.;
6. Follow all internal policies and procedures; be accountable for completion of all operational tasks according to departmental guidelines to ensure appropriate clinical processing/documentation;
7. Continually advise administration of any issues that may impact the practice;
8. Assist Health Center administration on an as requested basis regarding a multitude of dept. needs;
9. Effectively collaborate with Counseling Center personnel and other associated departments on campus, providing essential interactive synergy.
10. Primary Care Physicians assigned to the Health Center will be capable of performing the primary care services listed below (or willing to learn those services that they may not be proficient in):
a. Minor surgery (toe nail removal, mole and cyst removal, foreign object removal, etc.),
c. Fine Needle Aspirations,
e. General Orthopedic Evaluations/Management,
f. Review of x-rays (Radiologist reports usually available),
g. Basic rehabilitation for musculoskeletal injuries,
h. General Dermatology,
i. General Eye Problems and Use of Slit Lamp on site,
j. General EKG interpretations - Cardiologist review of faxed tapes can be set up with University Hospital for cases needing such review,
k. Emergency management skills - use of defibrillator on site,
l. Allergy shot administration; patients who are under the care of an allergist have their shots given at the Health Center,
m. Primary Care Physician’s General GYN Expertise - thorough knowledge of managing patients on various birth control pills and associated complications is essential as well as knowledge of pap smears and sexually transmitted diseases.
Category Four: Supervisory
• Midlevel Personnel: Physician Assistant and Nurse Practitioner
• Patient Care Technician oversight of IV Medical Mixture and Administration
• Patient Care Technician oversight x-ray
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must possess a Medical License through the State of Colorado
• Board Certification for specialty
• Strong computer skills required. EMR experience preferred
• Basic Life Support card
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) card
CUSTOMER SERVICE EXCELLENCE
• Provide customer service in accordance to clinic mission
• Demonstrate ability to be courteous and respectful when interacting with patients and family members
• Maintain patient confidentiality in accordance to policy and procedure and HIPAA requirements
• Enact proper chain of command for patient complaints
JOB ELEMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
• Occasionally required to walk; sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 25 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
OnPoint Medical Group is an EEO Employer.
- Health insurance plan options for you and your dependents
- Dental, and Vision, for you and your qualified dependents
- Company Paid life insurance
- Voluntary options for short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage
- AFLAC Plans
- FSA options
- Eligible for 401(k) after 6 months of employment with a 4% match that vests immediately
- Performance Bonus eligible
- Vacation and Sick Time Accrued