Medical Director - Occupational Medicine
The Naval Nuclear Laboratory is seeking a Medical Director to join our team of providers to support our Occupational Medicine Program and provide medical expertise in all areas of occupational medicine. The successful candidate will recognize, evaluate, interpret, recommend and implement policies and procedures for all components of the occupational medicine program, including medical surveillance and certification, workers’ compensation, health promotion, emergency response, employee assistance, and medical epidemiology. In addition, the Medical Director will ensure compliance to all Department of Energy regulations as part of the Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program.
Our physicians enjoy work life balance with set schedules, no weekends, minimal call, mission driven work, and excellent benefits!
We are currently looking for a physician to work at the ?Knolls Laboratory Site located in beautiful Niskayuna, NY.
- Performing on-site work-related physical examinations and emergency treatment of employees, including providing advice and initial treatment of occupational and non-occupational illnesses and injuries
Administrative Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in health and environmental issues and communicate on an ongoing basis with senior management to ensure program effectiveness
- Ensure compliance with Federal, State and local regulations
- Provide direction to Human Resources and managers who have employees with medical issues and participate in decisions made relative to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Provide case management for Workers’ Compensation cases, assuring congruence between company policy, Workers’ Compensation and OSHA legal issues
- Recommend medical and health polices and preventative measures for eliminating or minimizing industrial injuries and diseases
- Assist in performing medical record reviews
- Contribute to the promotion of health education in the form of meetings and presentations
- Maintain and control a financial budget including but not limited to training, subcontracts and workforce planning.
- Manage and supervise the medical clinic staff.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified matter. Selected applicant will also be required to obtain DEA Controlled Substance Registration and Certified Medical Review Certification prior to starting.
- Board certified/eligible in Occupational Medicine
- New York State Board of Medicine license
Job Preferred Skills
- Current or ability to license as an Occupational Physician in PA, ID and SC.
- Certified Medical Review Officer through the MROCC
- Current Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Controlled Substance Registration
- Applicable State Board of Pharmacy Controlled Substance Registration
- Radiological Health Assessments experience
- Knowledge of Family Medical Leave, Disability, and Workers’ Compensation laws
- Workers’ Compensation case management experience
- Familiarity with computer databases
Fluor Marine Propulsion, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is Committed to Workforce Diversity.
Apply for Medical Director - Occupational Medicine
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly