Pardee UNC Health is a not-for-profit health care system that was founded in 1953 and is managed by UNC Health Care (also a not-for-profit integrated health care system owned by the state of North Carolina and based in Chapel Hill). Pardee is the first and only hospital in North Carolina to be accredited with the International Organization for Standardization for quality health care standards.
Today, Pardee is the second-largest employer in Henderson County and licensed for 222 acute care beds. This hospital has more than 320 physicians and specialists on the medical staff. A total of 175 physicians hold full admitting privileges and 40 specialties are represented through their medical staff. More importantly, Pardee is a well-respected and exceptionally strong community provider. Physicians at this hospital are highly involved in the community and committed to delivering the best patient care to their patients in Henderson and surrounding counties.
The purpose of this recruitment is due to the increasing need for pulmonary services in Western North Carolina. The population is largely geriatric as part of Hendersonville is a retirement community with skilled/assisted living. Furthermore, Pardee UNC Health is the only community health hospital in Western North Carolina.
Position Specifics / Schedule
Pardee UNC Health Care is specifically looking for someone who will work in the ICU one week per month and in the outpatient clinic three weeks per month.
The ICU workweek is a 5 day week with the provider covering all eleven ICU beds. During this week the provider will have no outpatient responsibilities.
The provider will work three weeks per month in the Carolina Lung & Sleep at Pardee outpatient clinic. This is will be a 4 day workweek with the expectation of 2-4 new hospital consults in the morning and approximately 20 patient visits per day in the outpatient clinic.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible and can become Board Certified
- See about 20 patients per day in clinic and about 2-4 new consults in the hospital per day
- EPIC EMR
- Call schedule is 1:5
The incoming pulmonologist will join the existing pulmonologists, Dr. Gary Rodberg, Dr. Robert Ward & Dr. Thomas Hooker; Nurse Practitioner, Dr. Heather North; and long-term weekend locum, Dr. Howard Diener.
- Annual Base Pay: To Be Determined
- Quality incentive bonus: $10,000
- Sign-on bonus (one-time): $25,000
- Relocation assistance (one time): $15,000
- Educational Expense Amount (CME): $4,000
- License/dues: $1,500
- Malpractice insurance provided at 1 million/3 million limits physician must provide tail from previous employment
- Comprehensive Package of Benefits:
- Health/dental/vision included
- 30 days of PTO (includes CME)
- Pardee also offers voluntary benefits for purchase by the employees to include: short term disability, whole life, cancer, and vision policies
Please contact Chelsea Burks, Physician Recruiter, to inquire about this position.
Phone (Text or Call): 828-273-9738
Apply for Pulmonologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly