Hospice/Palliative Care Academic Physician
- This is an excellent opportunity to be involved in palliative education at all levels including medical students, multiple residency programs and our Hospice & Palliative Medicine Fellowship program.Currently, the physician led interdisciplinary team, consisting of four (4) physicians, provides palliative care 24/7 to adult patients within a rapidly growing practice. Each team (lead by a physician or APN) sees an average of 6-8 patients per day.Up to one (1) weekend of call per month is required.Requirements: Hospice and Palliative Medicine Certification or eligibility, with a requirement to certify within the first two years of employment.
- Competitive base salary plus incentives.4 weeks paid vacation and 6 paid holidays480 hours sick time/yearSigning bonusLoan repayment optionsPaid occurrence based malpractice, CME, association membership duesHealth, life, and dental insurance, retirement plan, and paid relocation
- Peoria, the largest Illinois metropolitan area outside of Chicago and St. Louis, is home to a large collection of medical research, educational and clinical facilities including the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria and Jump Trading Simulation & Education Center.Peoria, Illinois, offers a range of residential opportunities whether you are looking for something out of the way, in the woods, along the river or right in the heart of the city.Peoria is also home to a number of performance venues, museums, art galleries and more than two dozen historic landmarks of both local and national fame.
- Education: Doctorate Licenses/Certifications: Physician Licensed to practice medicine in current state.Board certified or board eligible in the appropriate specialty (ies).Obtain and maintain medical staff membership and appropriate privileges.Must be eligible as a provider for Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal health programs.Physician shall meet all qualifications to participate in OSF's programs for professional malpractice and other liability coverage.Licensed by the Federal Drug Enforcement Administration and the State of Illinois to prescribe narcotics, if applicable.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide patient care aligned to the preferences, goals, and needs of the patients served
Apply for Hospice/Palliative Care Academic Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly