OB/GYN Physician: Large high-risk panel in beautiful mountain town
You became a physician so you could give quality care to anyone who needs it. At North Country HealthCare, we practice this kind of medicine daily. We are currently seeking an OB/GYN physician with a desire to serve patients from all walks-of-life.
"I cannot say enough wonderful comments about the MAs at North Country -- they are so helpful! I like the acuity of the patients we see and that we are given adequate time to see them and chart while in the office. I love Flagstaff! I love the outdoors, the community, and the small town feel."
--current OBGYN physician Casey D.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING (ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES)
- Diagnosing and treating acute and chronic conditions in patients of all ages. Administering vaccinations and performing follow-up exams. Educating patients in disease prevention and health maintenance.
- Diagnosing and treating pregnancy conditions and performing deliveries (vaginal, operative vaginal, and cesarean), in both standard and high-risk patients.
- Performing preventive care.
- Reading simple gynecological ultrasounds.
- Making referrals and coordinating patient care.
- Preparing medical records, clinical repots, and correspondences.
- Performing gynecological surgeries.
- Supervising other healthcare professionals such as nurses, physician assistants, and medical assistants.
- Taking 24-hr hospital call for OBGYN patients in rotation with other staff.
- NCHC is proud to be a teaching health center and providers can expect to be involved in the teaching of students and residents.
- Demonstrating continuous learning and eagerness for professional development.
WHAT YOU WON'T BE DOING
- Paying for malpractice insurance or tail coverage -- as an FQHC, providers are covered by the Federal Tort Claims Act.
- Letting your skills languish -- our providers say our complex and high-risk patient base keeps them sharp.
- Feeling isolated -- our integrated care model reduces physician burn-out because it offers wrap-around services and programs beyond the exam room to care for your patients.
- Missing out on life -- as an out-patient facility, our clinic is not open evenings, weekends, or major holidays. The 24-hour hospital call is rotated among staff. Extra shifts outside of regular schedule mean extra compensation.
- Licensed MD or DO and have completed an OBGYN residency.
- Preference given to candidates with demonstrated experience in gynecological surgeries and high risk pregnancies.
- Preference given to candidates with experience treating underserved populations or in an FQHC, CHC, or PCMH facility.
North Country HealthCare (NCHC) is transforming healthcare for rural Arizonans. NCHC is an outpatient, primary care, federally qualified health center with a teaching and learning mission. We started as a single, volunteer-run free clinic in 1991 and now serve 12 communities across the entire northern half of Arizona. We turn no one away. We practice integrated care in an innovative culture and we serve patients holistically. Simply put, at North Country HealthCare, you can practice medicine the way it should be practiced. North Country Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Apply for OB/GYN Physician: Large high-risk panel in beautiful mountain town
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly