Specialty Services Medical Director
Specialty Services Medical Director Opportunity in Fairbanks, Alaska
- Team player
- Passion to serve & ability to embrace our tribal health mission
- Beautiful new award winning tribal health super clinic
- Come serve in a busy mission driven supportive team setting
- Live 2 hours from Denali National Park
- Cross-cultural tribal and rural health
- Exciting time of growth and expansion
- Exceptional benefits include 30 days PTO, 11 paid holidays & 7% employer contributions
- Salary DOE
- Contact: Holly Weaver-Hall, Director of Recruitment and Retention email@example.com (907) 452-8251 x 3282
- Apply on line at: https://www.tananachiefs.org/careers reference job number IRC38557
The Tanana Chiefs Conference is now hiring for a Specialty Services Director at Chief Andrew Isaac Health Center--an award winning cultural super clinic located in Fairbanks--Interior Alaska's urban hub. The Fairbanks based clinic is itself a hub that serves the larger mission of supporting health and wellness to Indian Health Service beneficiaries--Alaska Natives and American Indians, as well as many non-beneficiaries, in 42 villages across the river systems of the Interior (Yukon, Koyukuk, Kuskokwim, Tanana and more). This 235,000 square mile region is the home of the Tanana Chiefs Conference.
Job incumbent serves as the medical Specialty Services clinical leader and is responsible for the quality and delivery of these services in the Tanana Chiefs Conference region. Service lines under supervision include General Surgery, Urgent Care, Physical Therapy, Hematology/Oncology, Orthopedics, and Ophthalmology. Incumbent provides guidance and oversight of medical staff on the above medical teams. The incumbent will also serve as the medical director to Gateway to Recovery and TCC Sobering Center. Provides leadership as a member of the Medical Services Management team and reports to the Senior Medical Officer. Direct patient care is up to 50% of position.
- Graduate from accredited U.S. medical school, successful completion of an ACGME or AOA accredited residency program. Medical Doctor licensed to practice in the State of Alaska.
- At least five years experience as staff physician.
- Prior experience in a public health setting preferred.
- Experience as a medical leadership role in another setting preferred.
- Board certified or board eligible.
- Must maintain staff privileges at Fairbanks Memorial Hospital.
- Must pass background check pursuant to federal Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Full benefits include medical, dental, vision, retirement, profit sharing (7% employer contribution), PTO plus 11 paid holidays.
The most innovative aspect of the clinic's design is its approach to caring for patients and families through an integrated-care model that emphasizes wellness over intervention and focuses on family-centered lifestyle changes.
- TCC Health Services Mission: TCC Health Services, in partnership with those we serve, promotes and enhances spiritual, physical, mental and emotional wellness through education, prevention and the delivery of quality services.
Apply for Specialty Services Medical Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly