Chief Medical Officer
Penobscot Community Health Care in Bangor Maine is seeking an experienced physician to serve as Chief Medical Officer.
Working in a highly collaborative culture, the CMO reports to the CEO and partners closely with the Chief Operations Officer (COO), Chief Quality Improvement Officer (CQIO) and the executive, senior and clinical leadership teams to improve care delivery.
- A key member of the executive team, the CMO works closely with COO and CQIO to ensure fiduciary and programmatic accountability for the delivery, excellence, financial viability, integration and quality of all PCHC s clinical services.
- The CMO oversees medical, mental health and specialty care across the organization and is responsible for ensuring the quality and sustainability of those services.
- In addition to overseeing existing clinical service lines, the CMO guides the organization in identifying new services and recommends additions or changes based on community and patient need.
- The CMO champions PCHC s person-centered, team-based approach to care, advancing interprofessional practice and an ethos of innovation and resilience among medical providers.
- The CMO oversees an integrated leadership team (Medical Directors of each practice, Director of Psychotherapy, Director of Addiction Services, and Director of Walk-in Care, as well as providing leadership to other clinical Directors).
- The CMO partners closely organizational leaders to drive the organizational change necessary to meet community need and the quadruple aim, and to succeed in value-based care.
- The CMO is an advocate for PCHC s mission, vision and values, and is responsible for ensuring the accessibility of PCHC s services to all member of the community, especially the most vulnerable, and the relevance of PCHC s care model.
The CMO must model the highest personal and professional values of integrity, character, professionalism, humility, and humor, and have a clear record of success in effective advocacy, building consensus, and sound clinical and professional judgement and have a temperament conducive to leading others in a common purpose.
Penobscot Community Health Care: is governed by a group of highly invested community volunteers whose members are informed and involved in organizational decision making. PCHC is comprised of seventeen practices and program service sites in Bangor, Brewer, Old Town, Winterport, Belfast and Jackman. Services range from family medicine, dental, pediatrics, geriatrics, mental health and addiction treatment and recovery, specialty services, podiatry, physical therapy, chiropractic, pharmacy and shelter, transitional housing and healthcare for the homeless.
Bangor, Maine: a historic, riverside city just over half-an-hour from Maine s gorgeous Acadia National Park and Maine s storied mid-coast region. Enjoy the amenities of a good-sized metro without the hassle and be inspired by all of Maine s natural beauty and resources at your doorstep! Bangor is Maine s third largest city, with its own international airport. Located right along the I-95 corridor, Boston is a three-hour drive South, and Portland s quaint Old Port is only two- hours South. Limitless 4-season outdoor recreational opportunities, a wide variety of arts, cultural and entertainment venues, coupled with great family-centered neighborhoods and excellent public and private education make this area highly desirable for professional families.
For more information about PCHC, the position, and to apply please contact:Cal Weaver, CPC
Director of Recruitment
Acadia Physician Recruiters, LLC
Brunswick, Maine (EST time zone)
Apply for Chief Medical Officer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly