Staff Physician Occupational Medicine
Join the Largest Public Transportation Authority in North America As A Staff Physician – Occupational Medicine
NYC Transit Occupational Health Services
(Downtown Brooklyn, NY)
MTA New York City Transit (NYCT) is the nation’s largest public transportation system, serving millions of subway and bus customers on an average weekday. The combined work of our employees supports the vitality of New York City by providing safe public mass transit and paratransit services throughout the five boroughs.
The New York City Transit's Occupational Health Services (OHS) unit is a leading occupational health department in the nation. The unit upholds compliance with safety regulations for employees and customers by implementing federal, state and city safety regulations and enforcing and establishing internal controls. Failure to do so could lead to injuries and fatalities.
The NYC Transit OHS unit is seeking a Staff Physician to join our team of doctors and nurses who help to ensure that our staff meets all health requirements for occupational work. This role is critical to the effective operation of the NYC Transit Authority because employee and customer safety is at the forefront of all operations.
This is a unique opportunity for a physician who desires to make an in impact on NY City’s public transit system, by contributing to our goal of safety for employees and customers, by ensuring our employees are healthy and fit for work. This will be accomplished by understanding and going beyond the regulatory requirements to assure employee medical fitness for duty. The Staff Physician will perform general occupational health evaluations in one of the five Medical Assessment Centers (MAC) in New York City. Staff Physicians take medical histories and examine candidates for pre-employment fitness, review employees’ fitness for duty, arrange for follow-up evaluations or make appropriate dispositions under MTA NYC Transit policy/medical standards and/or Federal Transit Administration (FTA) or state regulations. Staff Physicians may also participate in health screening programs, such as for sleep apnea, in field locations.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Graduation from a medical school
- Completion of an approved internship/residency
- Possession of a current/valid unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of New York
- One to three years of medical practice or a satisfactory equivalent.
- Board certification or eligibility in internal medicine or a primary care specialty
- Prior occupational medical experience
- FMCSA certified medical examiner
- Medical Review Officer Certification
- Computer Literate
- Comprehensive writing skills
- Highly motivated and productive
- Monday – Friday, variable start times as required.
- Pension Plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Coverage
- Paid Vacation, Holidays and Leave Programs
- New York’s 529 College Saving Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Municipal Credit Union
- Commutation Pass
To view the full job description and to apply for this position by April 15, 2021, visit our website: www.mta.info/Careers. Search by Job Vacancy Number 98207 or use the following link https://tinyurl.com/2acfk6hz
MTA NYC Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply for Staff Physician Occupational Medicine
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly