Associate Medical Director of Critical Care Opportunity
Centra Medical Group is looking for a BE/BC Intensivist to serve as Associate Medical Director for its Critical Care Service Line.
Centra Lynchburg General Hospital has 357 beds, 48 dedicated to critical care including Cardiothoracic, Neurological, Medical and Surg/Trauma. The hospital is located in Central Virginia and is surrounded by the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains!
Applicants not from an internal medicine background (neuro, anesthesia, ER, surgery) are welcome to apply, but should be comfortable caring for a wide breadth of patients. Interest in neurocritical care is a plus, but not mandated. Applicants should be comfortable with typical critical care procedures including intubation, central line placement, management of shock, and chest tube placement. The ICUs are an open model with mandated consultation. Part-time applicants also welcome to apply. Please note, sponsorships are not currently available.
- Position would be 80% clinical, and 20% administrative
- Inpatient shift work
- Level II Trauma Center
- Teamwork approach with other service lines (i.e. emergency medicine, cardiology, neurology, pulmonology, trauma, surgery)
- Average census for days range 8-12 with midlevel support. At night new admissions covering 20-25 patients. On average, admit 3 patients at night. During day, each team does about 2-3 admissions.
- Critical Care shifts are 12 hour, restricted shifts, with flexible stretches of 3-7 days. Provider has to be onsite at LGH. Day shifts are 7a.m. 7p.m. and night shifts are 7p.m. to 7a.m. During the day, there are two MDs and usually one-two Midlevels covering 48 ICU beds in MICU, NICU, CTICU, STICU. During the night, there is one MD on shift covering the same number of beds.
Physician's Compensation & Benefits Include:
- Compensation range: $325k - $405k
- Credentialing bonus: $10k
- Commencement bonus: $10k
- Relocation Allowance: $10k
- Educational Loan Assistance: Up to $100k
- Matching 403(b) (100% match up to 3%)
- 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Long-term & short-term disability insurance
- Life insurance (1x salary, buy-up option up to 4x salary)
- Long-term care insurance available for purchase
- Flexible spending accounts (health care & dependent care)
- Malpractice Insurance: coverage through Centra's program
- $7,500 Yearly CME Allowance
About Lynchburg, VA:
Lynchburg, Virginia is a friendly and vibrant city in central Virginia, boasting excellent schools and a bevy of entertainment and cultural options. Blessed with 4 distinct seasons, Lynchburg offers seasonal activities ranging from snow skiing to water skiing, from gardening to hiking. With a long and proud history, Lynchburg is a place that offers its own distinct culture, melded seamlessly with the modern world. it is a lovely place to work and raise a family.
Please send your CV with your interest to:
Adam Meyer, Senior Physician Recruiter
Apply for Associate Medical Director of Critical Care Opportunity
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly